06-11-2018 08:38 PM
27 12
tools
    I would say it's a safe bet that the G6 will not see Android P.

The big software center thing and google "enterprise recommended" initiative give them opportunities to look better without really having to deliver much.

If they had skipped 8.0 and given us 8.1 instead, that little bit of extra effort may have been a sign they were serious about improving the situation.
    Thanks..that's valuable information when contemplating purchase of a G6. After watching speed and comparison videos with the 5T, its clear the OnePlus device is superior as is developer support for ROM's that can be installed once OP fails to release OOS updates for the phone. Needless to say the 5T is much faster and well built also.
    06-11-2018 01:10 PM
    Thanks..that's valuable information when contemplating purchase of a G6. After watching speed and comparison videos with the 5T, its clear the OnePlus device is superior as is developer support for ROM's that can be installed once OP fails to release OOS updates for the phone. Needless to say the 5T is much faster and well built also.
    If you want a phone for the future, I would argue that as well supported as the 5T may be, you probably are better suited with a OnePlus 6 if getting maximum updates.

And although I do agree the 5T is faster, I will say the G6 has aged very gracefully for me. I've never held a 5T before, but the G6 is one of the finest built phones I have held. Can't image the 5T being better.
    06-11-2018 08:38 PM
27 12