06-11-2018 08:38 PM
27 12
tools
    I see Sprint. I see Verizon. No AT&T. Anyone with inside info on a possible release date?
    05-30-2018 06:40 PM
    its in the same place the tmo oreo update is, purgatory.
    05-30-2018 09:38 PM
    Great. I got a little crazy killing packages and want to do a FDR. Figure if oreo is coming soon I'll wait and kill 2 birds with one stone.
    05-30-2018 09:48 PM
    Just got Oreo notification this morning. installed and running now.
    06-06-2018 10:54 AM
    Finally! I am downloading now. Its about freaking time. Now I should be able to install AR Core from the Play Store.
    06-06-2018 11:21 AM
    Well what are you all's thoughts? I had a weird issue at the beginning where every text I sent was duplicated. A simple restart fixed the issue. Other than that things have felt smooth.
    06-06-2018 03:49 PM
    Agreed. A reboot is a must. Runs smooth so far. Interesting added features. Still toying around to see what's new.
    06-06-2018 05:18 PM
    sweet! thanks for the heads up. downloading now.
    06-06-2018 07:37 PM
    i got a unlocked tmobiile lgg6 on att will i get this update ????????????

i mean im on att prepaid
    06-06-2018 07:50 PM
    Damn great update so far! Not a single piece of bloat and running so smooth.
    06-06-2018 10:39 PM
    i got a unlocked tmobiile lgg6 on att will i get this update ????????????

i mean im on att prepaid
    A T-Mobile model phone with an at&t sim? Won't work... You'll need a T-Mobile SIM to get the update I believe.
    06-06-2018 10:40 PM
    I'm in the process of downloading a big update now on my G6 (probably Oreo). It's taking a super long time...
    Hope after the update my phone doesn't become laggy or have issue with less battery life (as with most OS updates).
    06-07-2018 07:09 AM
    I'm in the process of downloading a big update now on my G6 (probably Oreo). It's taking a super long time...
    Hope after the update my phone doesn't become laggy or have issue with less battery life (as with most OS updates).
    I updated yesterday and performed a factory reset afterwards. Battery life seems to be the same for me before and after the update.

My biggest gripe is that I can no longer install CStark's Google Camera port. I'll just have to wait for someone to update it.

Also, the notification icons are smaller, which I don't like.
    06-07-2018 07:38 AM
    I updated yesterday and performed a factory reset afterwards.
    Ugh, I dread doing a factory reset since that means I'll be spending several hours trying to adjust all my system settings to my liking. Also, have to reinstall apps that Google Play backup doesn't auto install.
    06-07-2018 07:51 AM
    Ugh, I dread doing a factory reset since that means I'll be spending several hours trying to adjust all my system settings to my liking. Also, have to reinstall apps that Google Play backup doesn't auto install.
    Yeah, don't jump to factory reset.

If I start to see issues, I prefer to troubleshoot... yeah the big hammer might take care of the problem, but be too destructive (for my taste) in the process.

If the problem is battery or performance, look into wakelocks and per-app battery usage. Yeah that takes some knowledge and setup to do but I think it's absolutely necessary. Individual apps can be so bad. I have one game that for some reason creates a wakelock that can keep my phone from sleeping for hours after I'm done playing. I updated my bank's app, didn't even open it, and saw it had used 4% of my battery one day.

Clearing app caches won't hurt. I think that was mentioned in a recent thread on here but I can't find it now. Unfortunately there's not a quick way to do it in Oreo but at least it's non-disruptive.
    06-07-2018 08:06 AM
    A T-Mobile model phone with an at&t sim? Won't work... You'll need a T-Mobile SIM to get the update I believe.
    thats bad i flushed the tmobile sim down the toilet
    06-07-2018 09:50 AM
    thats bad i flushed the tmobile sim down the toilet
    When I had a T-Mobile v10 that I used on at&t I would still get the T-Mobile updates. So your phone may still get updated.
    06-07-2018 10:45 AM
    Finally got the update downloaded to my phone and after the install my phone is really laggy. When I swipe left and right to flip through my home screens it stutters. Same in the app drawer. I tried to clear the system cache in the settings control panel and rebooted my phone several times. Still super laggy.

I really hate these Android updates, since I always have this problem... I may be forced to do a factory reset and jump through the hoops again of reloading apps, configuring WiFi, system settings, etc.-- hours of fun.
    06-07-2018 08:18 PM
    I've been through update hell plenty of times with many different phones but this was one of the smoothest and best upgrades I've ever done. Everything works better for once. just throwing it out there for anyone worried.
    06-08-2018 07:42 AM
    So far I've had good luck with this update. Actually feels faster, nothing mysteriously crashing, and all the crap I had disabled stayed disabled. Too early to tell on the battery front.

I'm not happy about all the changes in Oreo... those stupid adaptive icons! (half of my icons just shrunk and got an unnecessary white border around them) This is the main reason why I switched to Nova, because on the AT&T variant you couldn't turn LG's version of that off. And the extra notifications.

I see we have LG's face unlock (we already had Google's) but I haven't tried it. Haven't really stumbled on any of the other promised LG goodies though.
    06-08-2018 07:43 AM
    Update went fine here as well. But how do you get rid of the prompt on the bottom of settings menus "Looking for something else?"? I don't like it being there.
    06-08-2018 09:44 AM
    I finally got my G6 back to a workable state after installing the AT&T Oreo 8.0 update. Luckily, my google backup reinstalled nearly all my apps automatically. I spent a few hours going through all the system setting screens adjusting everything to my liking, and same with all my app settings.

I did have an issue with lagginess when swiping between screens with the default launcher and app drawer, but I figured out why that was happening and corrected the problem (see my other posted thread).

So far, everything is now working very smoothly. I'll be checking battery life over this weekend to see how much it has improved or diminished with Oreo.
    06-09-2018 09:16 AM
    Do you guys know whether LG will continue to support the G6 with OS updates beyond Oreo? I'm hunting for a G6 or OnePlus 5T which was updated to Oreo a couple of months ago but not sure if OnePlus will continue to support it other than security updates. Thanks
    06-10-2018 01:20 PM
    I updated yesterday and performed a factory reset afterwards. Battery life seems to be the same for me before and after the update.

My biggest gripe is that I can no longer install CStark's Google Camera port. I'll just have to wait for someone to update it.

Also, the notification icons are smaller, which I don't like.
    I did a factory reset, and it re-installed nothing c stark apps for me and both work. Not sure how or why, but just thought I would chime in.
    06-10-2018 09:21 PM
    Do you guys know whether LG will continue to support the G6 with OS updates beyond Oreo? I'm hunting for a G6 or OnePlus 5T which was updated to Oreo a couple of months ago but not sure if OnePlus will continue to support it other than security updates. Thanks
    I would say it's a safe bet that the G6 will not see Android P.

The big software center thing and google "enterprise recommended" initiative give them opportunities to look better without really having to deliver much.

If they had skipped 8.0 and given us 8.1 instead, that little bit of extra effort may have been a sign they were serious about improving the situation.
    06-11-2018 09:12 AM
27 12