06-29-2018 12:30 PM
29 12
tools
    The biggest problem I've seen with Oreo is that I'm getting the notification tone too many times. It's mainly related to when I hang up a call, notification tone. If my call blocker blocks a call, two notification tones back to back. I've looked everywhere I can think of for a way to turn that blasted noise off and I can't find it. I was off on vacation last week and I had to put my phone on silent so the tone wouldn't wake me up if I got a spam call and sure enough I got at least two to three almost every morning I was off. I'm with Verizon.

Other than that it's been pretty good. Battery life is about the same as it was with Nougat.
    Did you try Settings>Apps & Notifications>Notifications? You can change notifications for each app here. Yoy can also access notifications through Settings>Apps & Notifications>App info. Your call blocker may have a notification on.
    06-29-2018 08:25 AM
    Did you try Settings>Apps & Notifications>Notifications? You can change notifications for each app here. Yoy can also access notifications through Settings>Apps & Notifications>App info. Your call blocker may have a notification on.
    This doesn't eliminate the double or multiple notification for a given app where it should do it only once. Ever since the Oreo update the Citi Mobile app is the worst. Whenever my card is used for a transaction, the app goes off 13! Times in rapid succession instead of just doing it once before Oreo. I have tried everything in the book to fix it, but nothing helps except just turning it off in the notification channel. Another app was Arlo, but deleting the Google backup and reinstalling the app solved it. At first I uninstalled and reinstalled Arlo, and after each reinstall the notification DOUBLED to it was before. It was insane! Unfortunately that workaround does not work with the Citi Mobile app. I don't know what else to do. And searching on Google yields no answers.
    06-29-2018 10:27 AM
    This doesn't eliminate the double or multiple notification for a given app where it should do it only once. Ever since the Oreo update the Citi Mobile app is the worst. Whenever my card is used for a transaction, the app goes off 13! Times in rapid succession instead of just doing it once before Oreo. I have tried everything in the book to fix it, but nothing helps except just turning it off in the notification channel. Another app was Arlo, but deleting the Google backup and reinstalling the app solved it. At first I uninstalled and reinstalled Arlo, and after each reinstall the notification DOUBLED to it was before. It was insane! Unfortunately that workaround does not work with the Citi Mobile app. I don't know what else to do. And searching on Google yields no answers.
    Sorry this didn't help. I understand your frustration. I am frustrsted, but in different areas. Favorite apps no longer work, etc.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    06-29-2018 10:59 AM
    After your suggestion I looked at the call blocker app and notification was turned on but I don't know if that meant for a visual notification or an audio one because each time I get a call there is a banner with the caller's name that pops up across my dialer. I'll just have to wait until I get a call to see which one it is.
    kgambino likes this.
    06-29-2018 12:30 PM
29 12