Fixed lagginess on Oreo AT&T upgrade

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I recently updated to Oreo 8.0 on my AT&T LG G6 and had some issues with laggy response on the home screens and app drawer screens. When I swiped between screens, there was horrible delay. I ended up doing a factory reset and reloaded all my apps from a Google Backup, but the lagginess persisted. I did finally stumble on what was causing the issue.

I have an app called "Enpass" installed which is a password manager. It has a feature called "auto fill" which is suppose to fill in passwords on web page forms, apps, etc. Having this feature activated was causing the lagginess in the launcher home and app drawer screens. I'm guessing when I flipped to a different screen some background process was scanning the screen to see if it needed to do a auto-fill which caused the delay. Once I deactivated this auto-fill feature in Enpass, the problem went away.

So, if you have a similar lagginess problem I suggest you deactivate any such auto-fill feature with any password manager apps you may have installed on your device. My G6 now runs very smoothly, with no issues so far!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Good to know..I'm hunting for a G6 right now and am curious if anyone knows whether LG will continue to release OS updates beyond Oreo..I'm also thinking about a OnePlus 5T which already has Oreo. Thanks