My G6 is having a "Moisture in the USB Port" issue where it's constantly displaying the notification message. After trying everything to fix it, I believe it's either an Oreo OS bug or hardware issue.

I'd like to send it back to LG to be resolved under their 1-year warranty coverage. Has anyone sent in their phone for such warranty work? Can you please tell me what the procedure is and what to expect time wise?

Ideally, I'd like for LG to ship me a replacement phone before I sent mine back so I'm not without a phone for several days or weeks.

Thanks.
    06-10-2018 09:05 PM
    My G6 is having a "Moisture in the USB Port" issue where it's constantly displaying the notification message. After trying everything to fix it, I believe it's either an Oreo OS bug or hardware issue.

I'd like to send it back to LG to be resolved under their 1-year warranty coverage. Has anyone sent in their phone for such warranty work? Can you please tell me what the procedure is and what to expect time wise?

Ideally, I'd like for LG to ship me a replacement phone before I sent mine back so I'm not without a phone for several days or weeks.

Thanks.
    I sent my son's G6 in when it bootloops, and he had it back within 10 days. Of course, they just sent him a refurbished one, but he hasn't had any problems with it.

You know that LG offers an extended 2 year warranty for the G6, as long as you register it with them?
    06-10-2018 09:20 PM
    IYou know that LG offers an extended 2 year warranty for the G6, as long as you register it with them?
    Thanks for your response. Yes, I did sign up for the extended 2 yr warranty. However, I learned from LG that the 1st yr warranty is handled differently than the 2nd yr warranty. They have two different departments that handle each warranty claim differently. I'm still under the 1st yr warranty period which I think takes longer to resolve than the 2 yr warranty for some reason.
    jhilker likes this.
    06-11-2018 05:03 AM
    Here's timeline of my repair....

Shipped 5/17
    LG rec'd 5/22
    Repaired/Shipped 5/30
    Rec'd 5/31

They did repair mine as it's same IMEI number.

BTW, they also offer an option to expedite. They'll ship phone to you with box to return your phone. It is $25 for that service.
    06-11-2018 09:31 AM
    Here's timeline of my repair....

Shipped 5/17
    LG rec'd 5/22
    Repaired/Shipped 5/30
    Rec'd 5/31

They did repair mine as it's same IMEI number.

BTW, they also offer an option to expedite. They'll ship phone to you with box to return your phone. It is $25 for that service.
    Thanks for that info. So, you're saying that they offer to send you a replacement phone first then you ship your phone back for a $25 fee? That's what I want. Strange that the LG support person I chatted with this morning didn't mention that. He said I'd have to wait 2 weeks to get the repaired phone back.
    06-11-2018 10:15 AM
    I just chatted with LG support and they said the expedite service was $30+tax and it just speeds up the repair process by 1 week. so, they don't send you a new phone ahead of time.
    06-11-2018 10:26 AM
    It probably depends on the repair needed. If it's something simple, like the port reporting being wet, they'll fix your phone and send it back to you. If it's something that requires a phone replacement they can probably be persuaded to ship first with a return box.
    06-11-2018 12:51 PM