My G6 is having a "Moisture in the USB Port" issue where it's constantly displaying the notification message. After trying everything to fix it, I believe it's either an Oreo OS bug or hardware issue.

I'd like to send it back to LG to be resolved under their 1-year warranty coverage. Has anyone sent in their phone for such warranty work? Can you please tell me what the procedure is and what to expect time wise?

Ideally, I'd like for LG to ship me a replacement phone before I sent mine back so I'm not without a phone for several days or weeks.

Thanks.
    06-10-2018 09:05 PM
    My G6 is having a "Moisture in the USB Port" issue where it's constantly displaying the notification message. After trying everything to fix it, I believe it's either an Oreo OS bug or hardware issue.

I'd like to send it back to LG to be resolved under their 1-year warranty coverage. Has anyone sent in their phone for such warranty work? Can you please tell me what the procedure is and what to expect time wise?

Ideally, I'd like for LG to ship me a replacement phone before I sent mine back so I'm not without a phone for several days or weeks.

Thanks.
    I sent my son's G6 in when it bootloops, and he had it back within 10 days. Of course, they just sent him a refurbished one, but he hasn't had any problems with it.

You know that LG offers an extended 2 year warranty for the G6, as long as you register it with them?
    06-10-2018 09:20 PM
    IYou know that LG offers an extended 2 year warranty for the G6, as long as you register it with them?
    Thanks for your response. Yes, I did sign up for the extended 2 yr warranty. However, I learned from LG that the 1st yr warranty is handled differently than the 2nd yr warranty. They have two different departments that handle each warranty claim differently. I'm still under the 1st yr warranty period which I think takes longer to resolve than the 2 yr warranty for some reason.
    jhilker likes this.
    06-11-2018 05:03 AM
    Here's timeline of my repair....

Shipped 5/17
    LG rec'd 5/22
    Repaired/Shipped 5/30
    Rec'd 5/31

They did repair mine as it's same IMEI number.

BTW, they also offer an option to expedite. They'll ship phone to you with box to return your phone. It is $25 for that service.
    06-11-2018 09:31 AM
    Here's timeline of my repair....

Shipped 5/17
    LG rec'd 5/22
    Repaired/Shipped 5/30
    Rec'd 5/31

They did repair mine as it's same IMEI number.

BTW, they also offer an option to expedite. They'll ship phone to you with box to return your phone. It is $25 for that service.
    Thanks for that info. So, you're saying that they offer to send you a replacement phone first then you ship your phone back for a $25 fee? That's what I want. Strange that the LG support person I chatted with this morning didn't mention that. He said I'd have to wait 2 weeks to get the repaired phone back.
    06-11-2018 10:15 AM
    I just chatted with LG support and they said the expedite service was $30+tax and it just speeds up the repair process by 1 week. so, they don't send you a new phone ahead of time.
    06-11-2018 10:26 AM
    It probably depends on the repair needed. If it's something simple, like the port reporting being wet, they'll fix your phone and send it back to you. If it's something that requires a phone replacement they can probably be persuaded to ship first with a return box.
    06-11-2018 12:51 PM
    Here's an update to my original posting. I did send in my G6 to the LG repair facility in Texas to have the USB port replaced under the 1-yr warranty. I paid the extra $33 expedite fee so the repair process would be 1 week instead of 2 weeks. Sure enough, I got my phone back exactly 7 days from when I shipped it to LG via FedEx.

It seems that repairs under the 1 yr warranty are treated differently than the "LG Promise" 2nd yr warranty. For the 1st yr LG will fix your original phone while for the 2nd yr warranty they will ship you a refurbished or new phone 2nd day air once they get confirmation that you send them your original phone. The warranty claim is handled by two different departments at LG depending whether it is a 1st or 2nd yr warranty claim.
    06-21-2018 05:16 AM
    I was glad to hear recently (elsewhere) that the second year promise program works as smoothly as they say, because I will sadly probably be using it.

The 2-day turnaround is nicer than sending it in and waiting for a repair or replacement, although it means I won't bother trekking to the carrier to temporarily activate a sim for my old phone (takes a different size) for such a short time.

I will report back on my experience after I have gone through the process.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-07-2018 02:09 PM
    I was glad to hear recently (elsewhere) that the second year promise program works as smoothly as they say, because I will sadly probably be using it.

The 2-day turnaround is nicer than sending it in and waiting for a repair or replacement, although it means I won't bother trekking to the carrier to temporarily activate a sim for my old phone (takes a different size) for such a short time.

I will report back on my experience after I have gone through the process.
    Yes, please report back. It's nice when companies deliver on their promises or guarantees!
    08-07-2018 10:14 PM
    As it turns out, I am not sending in my phone just now but so far, so good.

I submitted my claim in the morning. There is just a pulldown with a few possible reasons and you don't really have to provide any detail. By noon I had received a simple followup question which I answered. My claim was approved later that day. They did not make me jump through any hoops, it was pretty much taken at face value. Received my shipping label about 24 hrs later (would have been time to get to a UPS drop point that day if I wanted).

In the meantime, I may have solved my problem so I emailed them asking if I could hold off sending the phone a week or so while I determine whether it's really fixed. They replied quickly saying they put my claim on hold and I should email them back before sending it in, to make sure they reactivated it.

So, all the stuff right up to actually getting a replacement sent went really smoothly. If my phone were dead, perhaps it wouldn't seem so quick, but it was definitely easy.

The main reasons I kept trying to fix my problem even after I had originally given up and decided to open the claim: First I'm not completely confident that I have a method (including LG backup) that will back up everything I need backed up. Second, my spare phone takes a different size sim, so there's the inconvenience of getting a new sim activated for a few days, or going without my phone. And third, there is no guarantee you'll get the same color you sent in, and at this point I've become attached to my black bezels!

If I ever do need to actually send the phone in, I will follow up here.
    shaimere and jchapman01 like this.
    08-10-2018 10:12 PM
    As it turns out, I am not sending in my phone just now but so far, so good.

I submitted my claim in the morning. There is just a pulldown with a few possible reasons and you don't really have to provide any detail. By noon I had received a simple followup question which I answered. My claim was approved later that day. They did not make me jump through any hoops, it was pretty much taken at face value. Received my shipping label about 24 hrs later (would have been time to get to a UPS drop point that day if I wanted).

In the meantime, I may have solved my problem so I emailed them asking if I could hold off sending the phone a week or so while I determine whether it's really fixed. They replied quickly saying they put my claim on hold and I should email them back before sending it in, to make sure they reactivated it.

So, all the stuff right up to actually getting a replacement sent went really smoothly. If my phone were dead, perhaps it wouldn't seem so quick, but it was definitely easy.

The main reasons I kept trying to fix my problem even after I had originally given up and decided to open the claim: First I'm not completely confident that I have a method (including LG backup) that will back up everything I need backed up. Second, my spare phone takes a different size sim, so there's the inconvenience of getting a new sim activated for a few days, or going without my phone. And third, there is no guarantee you'll get the same color you sent in, and at this point I've become attached to my black bezels!

If I ever do need to actually send the phone in, I will follow up here.
    Thanks for the follow-up and glad to know that it's an easy process, at least up to actually sending in the phone.

This has been a great reminder of why I love LG phones. My wife needs a new phone and is considering the G7. She's actually a bigger fan of LG than I am as she's owned LG since the G2! She considered the Galaxy S9 for a bit, but has ultimately decided to stick with the LG and go with the G7. This is just another confirmation she is making a good decision.
    08-13-2018 10:23 AM