LG G6 Google Backup says "waiting for backup" and does not backup

Bigboy72

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
HELP...google backup not backing up to google drive. Synced everything in google and accounts.The only way I can make a backup is to use Backup & Reset and backup up to my sd card then share the backup with google drive and it shows up there....Anyone please help...thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where exactly are you seeing this? If you go to Settings>Google>Backup, under Active Backups, when was the last backup for each component?

Bigboy72

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
there is no backup , since getting phone there has been no backup at all .active backups there are none.Under accounts everything is set to sync and backup but it never backs up.

Bigboy72

Jul 11, 2018
Visit site
This is exactly what I do:
Settings - Google - Backup - (Backup to google drive checked -account is correct - active backups all say waiting for backup)
Next go to System - Backup - (options LG backup and restore - that works)( Google Backup - Google backup which takes you back to google and the settings under google)
Select Accounts - Google account -sync - everything is checked and it shows today's date everything is synced.
Go to Google Drive - click on 3 bars in left hand corner - Then backups and it says your device is not backed up - select backup settings and it takes you back to backup under your settings......
Thats what I am experiencing....Please help if you can

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you turn off LG Backup & Restore? I'm wondering if that might interfering somehow.

Also, do you have any 3rd party battery-saver or mobile data management apps installed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12