Change app icons in oreo

kgambino

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Usualy on LG there was an option to change apps icons by long pressing them.

https://s22.postimg.cc/ltmkqrnbl/Capture_2018-08-09-07-30-14-1.png

on android oreo(8) it is gone.

Is there a way to return that option?
I am pretty sure this is gone on Oreo. I, too used this feature. In another post, someone suggested using another launcher. Nova seems to be the favorite of many, but I have not used it myself. I do, however, use Apex on my Samsung Tab2 because the stock launcher is awful. This, by the way is still using Nougat.

Idan9

Aug 9, 2018
Visit site
I am pretty sure this is gone on Oreo. I, too used this feature. In another post, someone suggested using another launcher. Nova seems to be the favorite of many, but I have not used it myself. I do, however, use Apex on my Samsung Tab2 because the stock launcher is awful. This, by the way is still using Nougat.

Thx.
Dont know why LG took out this option?!

apoc13

Sep 22, 2018
Visit site
i'm po'd...this was one of the reasons i'm on my 4th lg phone over samsung...it made customization of the phone endless yet incredibly easy.....i guess this at least opens up my options for my next phone, lol

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
i'm po'd...this was one of the reasons i'm on my 4th lg phone over samsung...it made customization of the phone endless yet incredibly easy.....i guess this at least opens up my options for my next phone, lol
Action Launcher and Nova are fantastic and great for customization. There's plenty of launcher options in the Play Store. Ara wrote a great piece on this that was posted today actually.

apoc13

Sep 22, 2018
Visit site
i really try to avoid any unnecessary bloat on my phones...just something else to take up space, use battery and bog the system....though i may give one of them a try now since that may be my only option

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae