G6 to get Android Pie?

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the LG G3 prior the the G6, came with KitKat and got Lollipop plus Marshmallow, and got its last update earlier this year. Not sure if there's been any since since it finally got taken down by the bootloop bug.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
It played a large part in progressing to the G6, but i don't know if I'll be staying in the LG family after this round. Although if I picked up the Pixel 2 XL I suppose that still counts. Verizon put out another update for the G6 today but it's still much buggier than Nougat was. If we do get Pie i hope it's actually an upgrade instead of being just newer software.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised it's on the Pie update list, but this is my first LG phone personally. Guessing it'll probably be about a year from now when it happens, though.

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm skeptical. The article did not say where their info came from, but it makes no sense for LG to have promised this for the G6 unless they plan on getting it out SOON. Following the Oreo schedule, a year from now there will be the equivalent of a G8 and V40 out and likely G6 upgraders will mostly have already moved on. If they get it out by the end of this year, or at least early spring, it makes current owners more likely to consider those new models next year.

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
There's a great many customers in the US that buy their phones on plans that are locked into a couple years, Verizon is pretty decent at getting phones updated if the manufacturer supplies the update. But, sometimes they'll be nice and support older devices. Example: Verizon pushed out an update for 2013's BlackBerry Z10 in back in April. I've heard other carriers have some good device support here and there as well.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd be shocked if T-Mobile updated me. T-M was the last of the carriers to get Oreo out and I'll probably be on a new device by summertime next year. LG doesn't put enough emphasis on battery, so it's likely I'll move on to a manufacturer that does.

Aura1

Sep 13, 2018
Visit site
Yes, the LG G6 will get an OS upgrade from Oreo 8.0 to Pie 9.0 scheduled for: May 2019, but "realistically" we will get the upgrade: Sept 2019

Justin Kellyw

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the LG G6 will get an OS upgrade from Oreo 8.0 to Pie 9.0 scheduled for: May 2019, but "realistically" we will get the upgrade: Sept 2019

I just chatted with a US Cellular rep and it says in their system for LG phones "December 2018" for Pie. She couldn't see which devices but it simply said "All" under LG brand. Now whether that is a goal or reality is another question....

Thud Hardsmack

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Finally downloading Pie on my G6, it had to go through a couple security patches first. Wouldn't be this late to the party but I missed the announcement and my G6 was offline. Update went out last month on Verizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae