Hi,

I bought a G6 3 months ago with the hopes of improving my battery life (had a 6P, which I loved, but could not live with the battery). 3 months later, I may get 10 hours out of a charge and that is with light use. I've tried most of the tips for extending battery life but I'm not having luck.

Has anyone been successful with a warranty claim for something like this. Reduced battery life over the life of the phone is part of having a phone, but this reduction in 3 months is ridiculous.

Thanks in advance!

Darrell
    10-30-2018 08:37 AM
    Have you by any chance upgraded the OS? What version of Android are you running?

Has the battery life been bad from the start, or did it start out OK at first? It could be a bad app (not optimized for your version of Android) that's running away and killing your battery in the background...
    10-30-2018 02:27 PM
    Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Did you get the phone brand new, or used/refurbished? If the latter, it's hard to say how the previous owner(s) treated the battery. If they had it for a year or so and routinely let it drain to zero, that can severely reduce the lifespan.
    10-30-2018 02:34 PM
    If you didn't like the battery life on the 6p as well as the G6, it sounds like you've been running a troublesome app that has affected both. Unlikely it's a warranty issue.
    11-02-2018 07:23 AM
    Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Did you get the phone brand new, or used/refurbished? If the latter, it's hard to say how the previous owner(s) treated the battery. If they had it for a year or so and routinely let it drain to zero, that can severely reduce the lifespan.
    I range from 8 to 10 total hours, with 1 hour to 1.5 hours of screen on time. I definitely have a unique use case with an app that pings a Bluetooth blood sugar monitor attached to me. My wife, not a heavy user, would get around 10 hours of use time as well with a pretty low screen on time. The G6 is just not a great battery life phone anymore.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-03-2018 09:13 AM
    Hi again. Sorry for the delayed reply. I'll charge it 100%, let it run down 30% and send in a screenshot.

I'll also give the app Greenify a try and see if that help.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-10-2018 06:57 AM
    Hi again. Sorry for the delayed reply. I'll charge it 100%, let it run down 30% and send in a screenshot.

I'll also give the app Greenify a try and see if that help.
    Keep us posted! And also see if battery life is the same under Safe Mode. If it's better, then perhaps a rogue app is causing some battery drainage.
    11-10-2018 09:19 AM
    Diminishing battery life-screenshot_2018-11-12-09-58-48.jpgDiminishing battery life-screenshot_2018-11-12-09-58-36.jpg

Ok. I removed my phone from the charge this morning and let it run down to 70%. Attached are the screen shot. Hopefully, this captures the data you asked for. FYI, I am running Greenify.
    11-12-2018 09:04 AM
    Maybe this is normal battery life for the phone.
    11-14-2018 07:48 AM
    Ok. I removed my phone from the charge this morning and let it run down to 70%
    Sorry -- this is a common misunderstanding, but I meant to run the battery down to 30%, not down by 30%. Basically, it's helpful to see what's been using the battery throughout most one full charge cycle.

The relatively high Phone Idle and the fact that there are only 2 bars in your cell signal indicator make me wonder if you have poor cell signal that's contributing to battery drain. As I previously suggested, it might be helpful to look at a graph of the cell signal strength using an app like GSam Battery Monitor.
    11-15-2018 03:38 PM