LG G6 Warranty with camera glass replaced

Steb96

Nov 7, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
the vibration motor of my 23-month-old G6 has stopped working and at first sight it doesn't seem a software problem. furthermore the 3.5mm jack has been partially broken for a long time.
I'm considering sending it to LG for warranty service but I replaced the camera glass with an unofficial one. the repairer told me that he had not opened the phone nor the warranty seals (seems legit according to online tutorials). Do you think I have a chance that my phone will be repaired for free? I attach photos to assess how visible the difference is.
Sorry for my bad English and thank you so much for your answers

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-07 at 16.15.26 (3).jpgWhatsApp Image 2019-11-07 at 16.15.26 (2).jpgWhatsApp Image 2019-11-07 at 16.15.26 (1).jpgWhatsApp Image 2019-11-07 at 16.15.26.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are those scuff marks or fingerprints? If they're scuffs, then I'd be concerned that they'd look at them as evidence of prior drops or other trauma, and reject the warranty claim on that basis.

Steb96

Nov 7, 2019
Visit site
Hard to say how a warranty claim would be treated. I would send the phone off to be examined and see where you go from there.
I'm going to send the phone to LG in the next few days, i hope for the best.

Are those scuff marks or fingerprints? If they're scuffs, then I'd be concerned that they'd look at them as evidence of prior drops or other trauma, and reject the warranty claim on that basis.
They are only fingerprints. The phone is in perfect condition, other that the camera glass and a few scratches near the USB port.
The glass really brake off out of nowhere in my pocket. Sadly the new glass is visibly a little different from the original.