Flash button is always disabled in camera

danezeq

Mar 20, 2020
Visit site
For months, the flash button is grey out. (not in video mode)
i try change all the settings but nothing helped.
any ideas?

thanks!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Try it in safe mode to see if a third party app is locking up the flash. If it doesn't do it in safe mode then you need to figure out which app is reaking havoc. If it still does it safe mode then you might have a software or hardware problem. At that point I would recommend doing a factory reset after backing up you important items.

danezeq

Mar 20, 2020
Visit site
Thanks. i tried in safe mode and it's still greyed out.
it IS working on video mode so i'll be surprised if it's hardware problem.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. i tried in safe mode and it's still greyed out.
it IS working on video mode so i'll be surprised if it's hardware problem.
Hi, you can try resetting the camera app by long press it and tap info then scroll to storage and clear data,cache and then force stop it . If that doesn't work try uninstall the update in same place where you did cache and date clear

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the problem comes back, keep in mind that certain camera modes might turn off the flash automatically (like night mode), so check your mode first.

Kurosaki_kun

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
For future reference, HDR mode doesn't allow the use of the flash. In camera settings there's an option for HDR on/off/auto. HDR ON forces HDR mode and disables flash, HDR OFF is self explanatory, and HDR AUTO enables HDR photos only if the lighting is substantial enough that flash isn't required.

smpayne

Apr 7, 2022
Visit site
For months, the flash button is grey out. (not in video mode)
i try change all the settings but nothing helped.
any ideas?

thanks!

I have Lg and same thing. I finally.fixed it. the HDR setting you have to turn it to auto or off. ON triggers great out flash button for some reason.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463