With the android version update to 9, 5Ghz wifi is not showing up anymore in LG G7 one.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,
I have recently updated my Lg G7 one to the latest Android version and after that I don't see 5Ghz wifi channel anymore. I can see the same is active and my other Samsung and Nexus phone at home are connecting to 5G router. I restarted my LG phone and router few times, still it's not showing 5G in list of WiFi network in LG. Anyone is having same issue?

I don't want to reset my phone to factory default as I have many app installed and don't have time to waste 4-5 hour setting up everything from scratch. Please help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Always name the 2 connections (2.4GHz and 5GHz) differently, so you can tell which is which. If they're named the same, the phone may only show the stronger one.

Haq2202

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
The router sets 2 network with 2 different name. So the name is already different for 2.4 and 5G. Other phone in my house can still connect to 5G but not LG after update. I have changed the channel and restarted router few times. Nothing worked for LG. Samsung phone is still connected to 5G.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, are you saying you already looked for that setting to select wi-fi bands on the phone?

Haq2202

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
Sorry, are you saying you already looked for that setting to select wi-fi bands on the phone?

Yes. When I turn off phone wifi and turn it on back, it scan and show only 2.4 connections. None of the 5G wifi even shows up in the list. I checked my router settings too. Which looks perfectly fine. Other phones in the house can still connect to wifi5G. Only LG after Android update can't. Still it shows 5G saved network under previously saved connection lis, but can't connect.

Rubens58

Dec 10, 2019
Visit site
Yes. When I turn off phone wifi and turn it on back, it scan and show only 2.4 connections. None of the 5G wifi even shows up in the list. I checked my router settings too. Which looks perfectly fine. Other phones in the house can still connect to wifi5G. Only LG after Android update can't. Still it shows 5G saved network under previously saved connection lis, but can't connect.

I'm having THE SAME PROBLEM with a Samsung A20 that I bought yesterday. The phone only scan 2.4 network connections. Find no solution on internet. I'm thinking to return the phone to the online shop where I bought it.