Will be using a G7 One soon

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
At least now I can have the best of LGs audiophile experience and vanilla Android.

I've been using a v30+ for purposes of needing Android-only apps for daily use. I'm a Lumia nut by heart...

I have no need to go with a newer flagship as a daily device. So unless out of pure curiosity and the need to blow more than 500+ the v30+ has been pretty awesome despite its aging specs.

However, being partial to the DAC inside, headphone jack, but then just not being fond of the LG ux I have had no other choice but to tolerate using it. Then I saw the price of the LG G7 One as of late. Used of course.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Just sold my V40. Replaced it with an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Backup phone becomes q Lumia 929. Love me some Lumia also Nate. Happy New Year.

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Just sold my V40. Replaced it with an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Backup phone becomes q Lumia 929. Love me some Lumia also Nate. Happy New Year.
Am still the proud owner of 2x950 XLs and a 1520 . But still can't wait to get a feel for the G7 One...

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S10+, but my previous device was an LG V20. I loved the DAC in the V20.

I didn't care for the stock LG launcher either, but I used Nova Launcher Prime, which I've used on all things Android starting with my 2013 Nexus 7 and my OG Moto X. (I'm currently using One UI 2.0 on my S10+, but that's the first time I haven't used Nova.)

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S10+, but my previous device was an LG V20. I loved the DAC in the V20.

I didn't care for the stock LG launcher either, but I used Nova Launcher Prime, which I've used on all things Android starting with my 2013 Nexus 7 and my OG Moto X. (I'm currently using One UI 2.0 on my S10+, but that's the first time I haven't used Nova.)
I had the s10 for a while. I love Samsung. I started using the G6 V30 etc due to price. Same or similar features for a fraction of the price. Plus. The DAC...

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
LG phones are basically made for a third-party launcher, IMO. I only spent enough time with LG's launcher only to run kicking and screaming back to Nova. I'm actually also on One UI on my S10, but I mostly run on Nova.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the s10 for a while. I love Samsung. I started using the G6 V30 etc due to price. Same or similar features for a fraction of the price. Plus. The DAC...

I opted for the S10+ rather than the V50, since both were the same price at Verizon, and the S10+ has better battery life plus Samsung Pay is better than Google Pay.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
LG phones are basically made for a third-party launcher, IMO. I only spent enough time with LG's launcher only to run kicking and screaming back to Nova. I'm actually also on One UI on my S10, but I mostly run on Nova.

Same with the LG keyboard. I only used it long enough to install Gboard or SwiftKey.

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I opted for the S10+ rather than the V50, since both were the same price at Verizon, and the S10+ has better battery life plus Samsung Pay is better than Google Pay.
I am still wanting a note 10 honestly. But if I hold out the note 10 lite may be more of a taker as it has an anticipated headphone jack. I'm just not sure about its size... 6" tall is about my personal limit.

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
First impressions on this device so far. Model LM-Q910UM
The good:
-Excellent screen except for the notch
-LED Notifications if app supports it
-Fluid OS
-Android 10 pushed to it immediately after being on wifi.
-The Audio features include a Quad DAC support toggle, it includes a DTS 3d sound toggle, and a fully customizable 10 band eq. The EQ can be used for the on board speaker/boom box output in addition to all the other sources. The hifi settings also include the familiar right and left channel gain, sound preset and digital filter. Same as you'd expect from the LG phones as of late.
-Always on display
-Battery life seems decent but we'll see how that plays out for me.

The not so good:
-No double tap to wake feature
-No notch hiding feature that I have found.
-Not a huge fan of the taller aspect ratio but I expected it being a G series.
-The driver support is limited. So the LG Bridge app does not support it or any other app that requires the LG proprietary driver support. This causes some limitations like restoring from an LG back up etc.

I'm still digging through it setting it up and what not. I'll see what else I can find. I can look past a lot of the negatives on this phone because I was only really concerned of a few things. Audio support, the OS itself and its features, screen quality and brightness.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
First impressions on this device so far. Model LM-Q910UM
The good:
-Excellent screen except for the notch
-LED Notifications if app supports it
-Fluid OS
-Android 10 pushed to it immediately after being on wifi.
-The Audio features include a Quad DAC support toggle, it includes a DTS 3d sound toggle, and a fully customizable 10 band eq. The EQ can be used for the on board speaker/boom box output in addition to all the other sources. The hifi settings also include the familiar right and left channel gain, sound preset and digital filter. Same as you'd expect from the LG phones as of late.
-Always on display
-Battery life seems decent but we'll see how that plays out for me.

The not so good:
-No double tap to wake feature
-No notch hiding feature that I have found.
-Not a huge fan of the taller aspect ratio but I expected it being a G series.
-The driver support is limited. So the LG Bridge app does not support it or any other app that requires the LG proprietary driver support. This causes some limitations like restoring from an LG back up etc.

I'm still digging through it setting it up and what not. I'll see what else I can find. I can look past a lot of the negatives on this phone because I was only really concerned of a few things. Audio support, the OS itself and its features, screen quality and brightness.

Thank you so much for posting your initial impressions! Hope that battery life continues to improve and that the notch becomes more invisible as time goes on!

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Using it now for about a day. Battery endurance does fall short of the V30 so far. But it's decent. Couple hours of plex streaming YouTube here and there. Messaging and email..

The camera app is the same LG app on their other devices. However there is a gcam app port that works that I might try out later.

eb3b0069ffab5f5298d7100ea5b91aa5.jpg

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
The audio output on this is great. There is a bit more granularity over the sound and dynamics with the onboard eq and DTS:X 3D as opposed to the V30.

A few screen shots for yuz.

a9ca7814e3f0d36983c3c6624f615cc7.jpg
b2ab465ae15d5cf2f90cedc866ab40aa.jpg
a848278aab5e1090b0a34888db416f01.jpg

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
This device has basically become my go to aptx audio streaming device. The screen aspect is a bit of a pet peeve for me compared to the V30. Other than that it does fine for anything else I use my phones for. That notch though with no native way to hide it is annoying. The playstore has app solutions but I'm surprised that is the only way.

I will add that Initially I had an issue with incoming calls no sound or mic working on my end. I did a hard reset and eventually removed my Sim and hard reset again. Last time I used it for phone calls and messages the issue was gone. There is one other person who noted this issue on xda. Other than that it may be a sw bug.

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Well, long awaited but short lived. I was more less put in a position to sell off my G7 One. Great device for the money.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad