Anybody get a new battery for their G7?

mattl2

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hiya. I am just about to finish paying off my LG G7's two year installment plan (which is exciting becase my last two phones died after their one year warranty, but before they were paid off.) My G7 works great, other than a battery that runs out mid-day.

Unlike an iPhone, not of ton of people own a G7, meaning there's probably not a plethora of spare parts, and an ample number of people familiar with fixing them. So i was wondering if anyone has had a new battery put in their phone. Where did you get it done? And does it work well?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You should have gotten a 2-year warranty with that new LG phone. See if you're going to have to replace it before your warranty runs out.

mattl2

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The phone did come with a two year warranty. That is one of the reasons I picked this phone. However I don't think a fast-draining battery is covered by the warranty. As long as the battery actually works, I believe they won't replace it. Is that not true?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The phone did come with a two year warranty. That is one of the reasons I picked this phone. However I don't think a fast-draining battery is covered by the warranty. As long as the battery actually works, I believe they won't replace it. Is that not true?

If your phone is not working as expected I would think they would swap it out. The only way you'll know if you give them a call.

Jx J

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Hiya. I am just about to finish paying off my LG G7's two year installment plan (which is exciting becase my last two phones died after their one year warranty, but before they were paid off.) My G7 works great, other than a battery that runs out mid-day.

Unlike an iPhone, not of ton of people own a G7, meaning there's probably not a plethora of spare parts, and an ample number of people familiar with fixing them. So i was wondering if anyone has had a new battery put in their phone. Where did you get it done? And does it work well?

My old battery started swelling up, so I ordered a replacement off Lazada (Thailand) and fitted it myself.
Is working OK at present. I've had the phone for just over 2 years.
In an ideal world, LG would sell original replacements on a not for profit basis, as that's the way to build customer loyalty when the original product fails prematurely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac