LG G7 replacement recommendations?

RVNut

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Will be replacing my VERIZON G7 in next couple of months, looking for recommendations. Currently on Verizon and happy with service. Problem I am having is the G8 is no longer offered by Verizon so would be Amazon/ebay purchase,V60 still expensive, never used Samsung so do not know if I would like s10/s20 etc. Happy with G7, but the battery is about gone, maybe just get a G7 off ebay. Appreciate all suggestions.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you really want the G8, the unlocked version is still offered on Amazon and currently on sale. In the Q&A, people are saying it works on Verizon (though you'll likely not have Wi-Fi calling).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R5B4G5...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6824373

Otherwise, it looks like the LG Velvet is being released soon on Verizon. I haven't looked much into it personally, but we have a thread on it that may be worth reading. Sounds like a solid mid-range/G-series replacement.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=999168

It also looks like Verizon has the V60 on sale, but their offers are sometimes listed wonky and you really have to check the fine print. I'd double check what specific offers you could take advantage of. Without knowing a budget, I can't say if the sale price makes it possible or not.

RVNut

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the comments I did some research on the Velvet and other than 5G capability it looks like a step back from any of the G or V series phones. Guess I will keep watch on G8/V60 deals.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the comments I did some research on the Velvet and other than 5G capability it looks like a step back from any of the G or V series phones. Guess I will keep watch on G8/V60 deals.

Keep us posted on what you decided! Surely deals will be around the corner with fall (gasp!) slowly approaching.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
You'd definitely need to play with a Sammy for a while to see if you liked the change. My sister-in-law had an LG device for a long time and switched to an S8+ back when we did, and hasn't looked back since. She's now running with an S10+. She had a smaller LG and certainly didn't miss the smaller device. But it's all a thing of tastes, and of course, you tend to like what you're most familiar with.