Where would you get a new battery installed in a G7?

mattl2

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I have had my G7 for a little over two years, it is still running strong but the battery dies quickly now. I would love to get a third year out of this phone. I called a well-reviewed phone repair shop in my town and he said he never replaces batteries for LG phones. He said LG phones are built in a way where it takes hours to take apart the phone to get to the battery and then put it back together. I had no idea! So if you, the reader, were to get a new battery, where and how would you go about it?

Jx J

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
There are videos on You Tube showing the battery swap process. Is be fairly easy once you have the cover off.

RVNut

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Just had the battery replaced at a local repair shop he had to order battery, once he got it took about an hour to install. Works great

mattl2

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Just had the battery replaced at a local repair shop he had to order battery, once he got it took about an hour to install. Works great

Original poster here, I am still using my factory battery all these months after posting about needing a new battery. However in the last few weeks it has taken a turn for the worse and I am charging my phone three times a day. I am still considering a new battery, although my phone is beginning to have other problems that make me wonder if I just need a new phone. It never makes a notification sound for events on my calendar anymore. Even though I am positive this is turned on. And the phone is struggling to send text messages sometimes.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Original poster here, I am still using my factory battery all these months after posting about needing a new battery. However in the last few weeks it has taken a turn for the worse and I am charging my phone three times a day. I am still considering a new battery, although my phone is beginning to have other problems that make me wonder if I just need a new phone. It never makes a notification sound for events on my calendar anymore. Even though I am positive this is turned on. And the phone is struggling to send text messages sometimes.

Factory reset it, and if that doesn't help anything it's time for a new phone unfortunately. Sometimes a factory reset can fix mysterious battery problems (oftentimes caused by rogue apps)..... also don't do a restore, set the phone up as new and see how it's working before you add any apps back in.

Jx J

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
My original battery started swelling up when I was abroad on holiday in the winter (having left when it was still permitted). As something needed to be done, I ordered a battery off Lazada and fitted it myself.

Despite an LG logo, I suspect this battery was a Chinese copy and the performance was inferior to the original.

After returning home, I contacted LG UK asking where can I purchase an original LG battery. They do not sell batteries, but did offer a repair service for £46, including courier transport both ways.
I accepted this option and the battery performance is now back to where it used to be.

Whilst they had the phone, they called me and asked if I wanted a new rear cover for £76, since there was minor damage to the paint from my first repair. I declined, as the phone lives in a protective cover and I cannot even see the rear of the phone.

Also, I now have an app which warns me so I can take the phone off charge at ~85%, which ought to prolong battery life in future.

Conclusions:
#1 Fitting the battery myself was easy and it is a good option if you can accept a third party battery might lose a few % compared with a new battery.

#2 LG UK offered a reasonable battery replacement service, if we consider the cost of battery, labour & transport. £46 is good value if I get at least another year out of the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae