Best leaks yet.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
They just had two posts that they took down by the time I got finished going through the first one. They were camera comparisons between the G7, iPhone X, Pixel 2 and V30. I think they weren't allowed to post it until tomorrow but they already have the preproduction units. It didn't look promising for the G7 though as the V30 pics looked better. However the front facing camera seemed to have gotten a bump in quality. Maybe. The other post was a comparison against the S9+ but they had already deleted both posts as soon as I hit the back button.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I read that as, "G7 camera rumored to be slightly less awesome than V30" - which to me isn't saying a whole lot to narrow its performance down, because the V30 is a pretty baller camera. It's manual capabilities are top notch IMO.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I read that as, "G7 camera rumored to be slightly less awesome than V30" - which to me isn't saying a whole lot to narrow its performance down, because the V30 is a pretty baller camera. It's manual capabilities are top notch IMO.
But in a world where Samsung has a phone that allows you to switch between apertures and Huawei is extending tech with three very capable camera, slightly less awesome than the V30 is not acceptable. And don't get me wrong having owned the V10 and now V20 I really love the V30's camera but LG has to do more than just release another phone. The iPhone 9s, XI(or whatever they decide to call it) and Pixel 3 phones will be out later this year and these phones are going to bring it in the camera department. I'll probably just wait for the V40.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
But in a world where Samsung has a phone that allows you to switch between apertures and Huawei is extending tech with three very capable camera, slightly less awesome than the V30 is not acceptable. And don't get me wrong having owned the V10 and now V20 I really love the V30's camera but LG has to do more than just release another phone. The iPhone 9s, XI(or whatever they decide to call it) and Pixel 3 phones will be out later this year and these phones are going to bring it in the camera department. I'll probably just wait for the V40.

Yeah, I get that but I was thinking that the normal user is most likely going to be pretty happy with it.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm basically reserving judgment until the reviews come out, but following the leaks is fun. I really want to like this phone. Not really super stoked about the camera samples tough. I hate that they took those down.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm basically reserving judgment until the reviews come out, but following the leaks is fun. I really want to like this phone. Not really super stoked about the camera samples tough. I hate that they took those down.
But as always they mention preproduction software so it could improve before release times. Everything else thus far has sounded good about the G7 though.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The biggest piece of the puzzle hasn't been revealed yet in typical LG fashion and that's exactly what time is the event being held? Does anyone know?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
But as always they mention preproduction software so it could improve before release times. Everything else thus far has sounded good about the G7 though.
Everyone always mentions preproduction software but there's usually no major upgrade in performance from preproduction to production.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Everyone always mentions preproduction software but there's usually no major upgrade in performance from preproduction to production.
It also seems with LG phones more than any other OEM, when the reviews come out there's always the caveat of a pre-production unit. I've seen it from other manufacturers but with LG it seems like every device.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
LG are already irrelevant, that shame as i need the highest possible audio quality and it seems the G7 will nail it.

Still nothing beats Huawei phone, p20 pro and mate 10 pro in terms of battery life, camera and performance combo.

G7 should have at least 4000mah,with high end camera on both ends, along with best audio system and best DAC with amazing big screen at a decent price, only then they will compete.

They can't price their phones as much as Samsung or any other big company

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
LG are already irrelevant, that shame as i need the highest possible audio quality and it seems the G7 will nail it.

Still nothing beats Huawei phone, p20 pro and mate 10 pro in terms of battery life, camera and performance combo.

G7 should have at least 4000mah,with high end camera on both ends, along with best audio system and best DAC with amazing big screen at a decent price, only then they will compete.

They can't price their phones as much as Samsung or any other big company

I don't think I've ever seen a post that I disagreed with more. It was almost every single word had more disagreement than the last! lol, cheers!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall