What a great idea /s

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...q-availability

AT&T said today it has no plans to sell LG’s new G7 ThinQ phone. Instead, the company says it’ll stock an exclusive LG device this summer. An AT&T spokesperson told The Verge: “We offer a strong lineup of devices from LG today. And we’re planning to launch a new LG device this summer only from AT&T.”
    05-03-2018 02:26 PM
    er... what?
    05-03-2018 02:31 PM
    What about cricket wireless?
    05-03-2018 02:33 PM
    That is unbelievable. I wonder what the new exclusive LG phone will be that is mentioned.
    05-03-2018 02:44 PM
    What about cricket wireless?
    Mmm.. i would think if AT&T didn't get it Cricket wouldn't either but I have seen weirder things.
    05-03-2018 03:21 PM
    So wait for the LG V40? That's my only guess. I hope so as that means I won't have to wait as long for the real flagship I'm looking for from LG.
    05-03-2018 04:25 PM
    Stick a fork in this phone in the USA then.
    05-03-2018 05:09 PM
    Unfortunately, LG was probably not given much choice in the matter. Only top brand in Android/IOS will be truly supported by any carrier. Every other brand is just carrier leverage against the other two.
    05-03-2018 05:26 PM
    Well this would be even better especially if LG upgraded the front facing camera for this one.
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-V...s-ATT_id104632
    05-04-2018 12:42 AM
    I was hoping to upgrade to the G7 from my G6 using the NEXT program, but looks like that won't happen. I'll just keep using my G6 for now and see whatever other phones come available on ATT.
    05-04-2018 04:48 AM
    Well this would be even better especially if LG upgraded the front facing camera for this one.
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-V...s-ATT_id104632
    I would most likely be a lot more interested in this phone actually, the V35 that is.
    05-04-2018 08:35 AM
    I would most likely be a lot more interested in this phone actually, the V35 that is.
    That is what is now rumored to be exclusive to AT&T instead.
    05-04-2018 08:38 AM
    That is what is now rumored to be exclusive to AT&T instead.

I would be happy with that. I am on AT&T, and because I need wifi calling where I live I am thus forced to buy my phones through them. My only concern would be for a case for the phone. If it is exclusive to AT&T I would imagine the choices of phone cases would be somewhat small (I am a huge fan of the Speck cases but I don't know if they do any for carrier exclusive pones).
    05-04-2018 08:55 AM
    Well dimensions wise it may not be all that different from the regular V30 so you shouldn't have to worry about that part. I'm assuming though.
    I would be happy with that. I am on AT&T, and because I need wifi calling where I live I am thus forced to buy my phones through them. My only concern would be for a case for the phone. If it is exclusive to AT&T I would imagine the choices of phone cases would be somewhat small (I am a huge fan of the Speck cases but I don't know if they do any for carrier exclusive pones).
    05-04-2018 09:09 AM
    Well dimensions wise it may not be all that different from the regular V30 so you shouldn't have to worry about that part. I'm assuming though.
    Ya, tough to say at this point. My luck is that they will add an AI button or move a button. We shall see. I'm just really looking forward to getting a new phone after having my current phone over two years now.
    RaRa85 likes this.
    05-04-2018 09:19 AM
    Personal opinion, never a fan of companies doing phone specific to carriers anywhere in the world. Keep your focus and attention to one flagship model instead of million different hardware, firmware versions.
    Laura Knotek and Wildo6882 like this.
    05-04-2018 09:57 AM
    Personal opinion, never a fan of companies doing phone specific to carriers anywhere in the world. Keep your focus and attention to one flagship model instead of million different hardware, firmware versions.
    Exactly. The LG CEO said they were scaling back on phones and we'll have the V30, V30+, V30s ThinQ, G7, and now V35 ThinQ all available this summer. What the heck? Not to mention the V40 later on. I'm really lost on what they're trying to do.
    bhatech likes this.
    05-04-2018 10:05 AM
    AT&T is getting down to a Samsung, Apple kind of provider. I have the V30 and love it. It is so underrated though. Walk into a Best Buy, and you probably won't see a V30 on display. It's a shame, because it is such a great phone.
    RaRa85 likes this.
    05-04-2018 06:46 PM
    I agree though and the battery life is better than all the other top flagships outside of Huawei.
    AT&T is getting down to a Samsung, Apple kind of provider. I have the V30 and love it. It is so underrated though. Walk into a Best Buy, and you probably won't see a V30 on display. It's a shame, because it is such a great phone.
    05-04-2018 08:05 PM
    I have been noticing that unfortunately. AT&t doesn't even carry anymore in my local stores anything but Apple and Samsung and that is sad. I have had iPhones and don't want another one. I have had Samsung phones but don't want those extreme curved edges. I have to buy from AT&t for wi fi calling and the best they can do for LG is to order online which I will do..... Unless the Pixel 3xl goes AT&T or the slim chance we see the U12.
    05-04-2018 09:23 PM
    I have been noticing that unfortunately. AT&t doesn't even carry anymore in my local stores anything but Apple and Samsung and that is sad. I have had iPhones and don't want another one. I have had Samsung phones but don't want those extreme curved edges. I have to buy from AT&t for wi fi calling and the best they can do for LG is to order online which I will do..... Unless the Pixel 3xl goes AT&T or the slim chance we see the U12.
    We’re seeing that “back and forth” that goes on between carriers and OEMs as they wrestle for control of their complicated love/hate relationship. Third-party retailers just complicate things further, like having a wife and girlfriend who know each other.
    05-05-2018 06:09 AM