Are you going to upgrade?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm a fan of LG phones myself. I've had the G3, V10, V20, V30, and now the G6.

I've been happy with what they put out for the most part and MIGHT think about upgrading once I see more on the G7.

What about everyone else?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
They did, it’s the V30 =)
Glass body, sealed battery, no IR Blaster, and 18:9 screen AMOLED screen. All downgrades.

For the few areas where it beats the V20, they are so miniscule as to not be worth the trade-off. The V20 still runs great without breaking a sweat, so processor performance is just a spec game between the two. The camera may be better on paper as well, but all flagship cameras today are great when you know how to use them (meaning not relying on auto mode). So it's not so much an upgrade, as it is they took away features that made it somewhat unique, and are trying to make us think it's better. That, and trying to copycat Samapple.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm more a fan of the V series than than G series, so I'm going to wait and see what the V40 is like.
I'm with you but LG seems to be merging the two feature wise now so you don't lose anything as far as the audio/video controls compared to the V series with the G7. Their whole campaign is a mess and confusing right now. There's no differentiation outside of the screen technology and a few updated specs between the V30 and G7.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Nope... at least not at these prices. Going to use my V10 until "somebody" releases something that fits my needs better.
>IR blaster
>Removable battery
>Removable plastic-rubber case back
>Qi wireless charging (this aspect has kept me away from the V20)
>Steel side frame thats Mil-spec drop resistant
>Secondary screen
>FPS and power switch centered on the back
>No buttons or switches on the sides
>Flat glass that does not extend all the way to the edges
>Bezels around the edge so I can grasp/hold firmly around

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Nope... at least not at these prices. Going to use my V10 until "somebody" releases something that fits my needs better.
>IR blaster
>Removable battery
>Secondary screen

I agree with all of this, although I do use a V20, as well as the V10. I prefer rear volume buttons, too.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree with all of this, although I do use a V20, as well as the V10. I prefer rear volume buttons, too.
Ditto. I would've preferred a textured back like on the V10 (Just for grip, not wireless charging), but I wouldn't want to risk the bootloop issue that plagued it. I already dealt with that on my G4. Lol

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
>IR blaster
>Removable battery
>Secondary screen
Well I hope you really love the V10 because nobody is going to make a phone like it again. And most of those wish list points are overlooked these days. The V10 was a great phone. I loved the look and feel of it until it bootlooped out of nowhere.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I hope you really love the V10 because nobody is going to make a phone like it again. And most of those wish list points are overlooked these days. The V10 was a great phone. I loved the look and feel of it until it bootlooped out of nowhere.

Seriously, if people would open their eyes they would see that LG aren't going back to the V10 design. Removable batteries are dead. The only way they'd make a comeback is if Apple made an iPhone with one. The market has spoken, iPhone sells millions, Galaxies sell millions, plastic removable battery LGs didn't sell millions, so they have to jump on the bandwagon.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The only way they'd make a comeback is if Apple made an iPhone with one.

Not exactly. First, another manufacturer would bring it back on Android. Then it would be copied by Samsung and enjoy silent success. Then Apple would follow suit 3 years later and call it a new breakthrough. Lol

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
>IR blaster
>Removable battery
>Secondary screen

Don't hold your breathe for the first three.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If I can get an unlocked one as soon as the rest are released I might. I’m coming from an iPhone X and I’d love one, but I’m on AT&T and I don’t want to wait for that unlocked model since it won’t actually be coming to AT&T.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I plan on keeping the V10 for as long as possible... until I simply have no other choice remaining. Mine boot looped a few months ago but its covered by Verizon extended insurance for as long as they can support refurbishing units.

Sadly yes sales numbers have spoken louder than anything else, no one cares for these features and it does look like I'm done for.

Why would anyone buy an LG phone, at these prices that has no significant distinguishing design features to set it apart from Apple or Sammy? I May as well buy an iPhone or a Samsung, they are better at their own game than LG is at trying to copy it.

Last edited:

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I plan on keeping the V10 for as long as possible... until I simply have no other choice remaining. Mine boot looped a few months ago but its covered by Verizon extended insurance for as long as they can support refurbishing units.

Sadly yes sales numbers have spoken louder than anything else, no one cares for these features and it does look like I'm done for.

Why would anyone buy an LG phone, at these prices that has no significant distinguishing design features to set it apart from Apple or Sammy? I May as well buy an iPhone or a Samsung, they are better at their own game than LG is at trying to copy it.
Is an unreliable phone worth it just for those features though? Like I said, I loved my V10 but it was the first phone that left me with nothing to use due to nothing I did. I had an HTC HD2 that died on me but that was because I fried it installing too many custom ROMs on it. I would at least upgrade to the V20 since you still get all the same features in a much more reliable phone. Plus you get the wide angle camera as well.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie