Are you going to upgrade?

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
As i have the mate 9,this phone is downgrade in many areas especially the battery.

I wanted to try the Quad DAC as i have a great gear, but the G7 is just uninspiring, if you have G6 or V30, there is no reason for it.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the V30 for about a week but got rid of it because of the screen. Terrible black crush and red tint on low brightness. Other than that it was a great phone. I'm happy that LG has gone back to lcd for the G7 because their oled screens suck. They can't compete with Samsung. The more I see of the GUYS, the more I'm interested. I'm waiting for battery life tests and if it's decent, I'll wait for a price drop or a cheaper one on Swappa.

Last edited by a moderator:

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Is an unreliable phone worth it just for those features though? Like I said, I loved my V10 but it was the first phone that left me with nothing to use due to nothing I did. I had an HTC HD2 that died on me but that was because I fried it installing too many custom ROMs on it. I would at least upgrade to the V20 since you still get all the same features in a much more reliable phone. Plus you get the wide angle camera as well.

Thats just the thing... my V10 has been bomb proof reliable. (I just jinxed it... oops). Outside of the bootloop after 2 years. I can live with that since I have an iPhone as a backup and Verizon extended warranty coverage if it bootloops again.

But beyond that... Why would anyone buy an LG phone, at these prices that has no significant distinguishing design features to set it apart from Apple or Sammy? May as well buy an iPhone or a Samsung. Clearly they are better at their own game than LG is at trying to copy it.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Thats just the thing... my V10 has been bomb proof reliable. (I just jinxed it... oops). Outside of the bootloop after 2 years. I can live with that since I have an iPhone as a backup and Verizon extended warranty coverage if it bootloops again.

But beyond that... Why would anyone buy an LG phone, at these prices that has no significant distinguishing design features to set it apart from Apple or Sammy? May as well buy an iPhone or a Samsung. Clearly they are better at their own game than LG is at trying to copy it.
LG still is one of the few pushing for high quality audio so that's a major differentiator for some people. Wide angle, only one offering the manual controls the V series has which are present now in the G7 as well. LG has some unique things going for them.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
if the throw in the free TV like they're doing in Canada, I'm in (Depending on the price of the phone).

Last edited:

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I have a V30, and while I absolutely love the quad DAC, which is second-to-none, and I've been getting fantastic battery life, I'm not a fan of LG's UI at all. Based on the videos I've seen so far, they've made some changes with the G7, including cleaner looking folder icons, with up to 9 apps visible per folder (a lá iOS and EMUI) which I like, but the theme store is utterly pathetic. It pains me to give up the awesome headphone audio, but I'm in the process of selling my V30 on eBay. I don't know where to go at this point.

The way I see it, I'm either going to go with the Note 9, Pixel 3XL, or wait for the V40 and buy early next year when the prices drop some. But LG really needs to step it up aesthetically, IMHO.

Ldshark

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
V30 best phone on market hands down. This phone sounds sound's like it's blend of both the g6 and v30 with new screen tech and smaller battery. I for 1 will not upgrade.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I think it's pretty concerning that a small start up company can announce and launch a phone better than LG. We know everything we need to know about the OP6 in one day. With the G7, we're still waiting on pricing and availability. I will definitely be skipping this and any future LG products until they can get their stuff together. And the OP6 has 4k60fps and 480fps720p slow motion video recording. Disappointed in LG.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think it's pretty concerning that a small start up company can announce and launch a phone better than LG. We know everything we need to know about the OP6 in one day. With the G7, we're still waiting on pricing and availability. I will definitely be skipping this and any future LG products until they can get their stuff together. And the OP6 has 4k60fps and 480fps720p slow motion video recording. Disappointed in LG.
Yeah because LG wants to bend over and play ball with carriers. And we all know how useless the carriers are. Samsung has got to a stage where they can dictate/coordinate release date globally even though they bend over back to US carriers as well. Don't think they will ever change this strategy unfortunately. As far as release dates it's releasing on June 1st on all carriers except At&t. I believe pre-order on Verizon and Sprint will start on May 23/24. T-Mobile hasn't confirmed pre order dates but I think they will directly start selling without any kind of pre order.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah because LG wants to bend over and play ball with carriers. And we all know how useless the carriers are. Samsung has got to a stage where they can dictate/coordinate release date globally even though they bend over back to US carriers as well. Don't think they will ever change this strategy unfortunately. As far as release dates it's releasing on June 1st on all carriers except At&t. I believe pre-order on Verizon and Sprint will start on May 23/24. T-Mobile hasn't confirmed pre order dates but I think they will directly start selling without any kind of pre order.
Ok cause I just checked T-Mobile yesterday and there wasn't even indication that the phone exists on their page. No preorder or anything.

Update: just checked again and they only show previous LG phones.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok cause I just checked T-Mobile yesterday and there wasn't even indication that the phone exists on their page. No preorder or anything.

Update: just checked again and they only show previous LG phones.
Yeah T-Mobile haven't officially announced any concrete date yet but Des from T-Mobile who is active on Twitter is already having G7 and they even have 10 G7 give away as grand price in next week's T-Mobile Tuesdays. The belief is they will do the soft launch on or around June 1st without any big announcement or anything. Worst case may be few days here and there but it should be around June 1st. Verizon and Sprint have given a date of June 1st.

LG isn't going to do anything, they are like we are selling it to the carriers and after that they can do whatever they want

They have some great marketing people running the company

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah T-Mobile haven't officially announced any concrete date yet but Des from T-Mobile who is active on Twitter is already having G7 and they even have 10 G7 give away as grand price in next week's T-Mobile Tuesdays. The belief is they will do the soft launch on or around June 1st without any big announcement or anything. Worst case may be few days here and there but it should be around June 1st. Verizon and Sprint have given a date of June 1st.

LG isn't going to do anything, they are like we are selling it to the carriers and after that they can do whatever they want
They have some great marketing people running the company
Oh the best marketing guys ever. Seriously they need some passionate, knowledgeable guys and gals out there speaking to the public. They could pay me to do that.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

I'd imagine most consumers walk into a store a buy a phone. Maybe they see a commercial, but most will look at the phones and talk to the sales people. LG phones are sold in every store unlike OP, so OP really needs to advertise much more than LG. The people of these forums are a very tiny % of cell phone users, and I'm pretty sure they do have their stuff together.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy with my Pixel 2. That being said, I'd almost chosen the V30 over it; so I'm sure I'll be buying another LG phone in the next few years. I loved my G3 and wouldn't mind sticking with the G series when that time comes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1