LG G7 vs HTC U12+

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Going with the HTC U12+ because I think they have the most to prove between the two and the U11 was a seriously underrated phone largely in part to HTC and availability.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
G7 for that wide angle camera and improved front camera. If it records 4k60fps and does concert mode audio recording (two features I don't know if it has yet still researching) then that would seal the deal.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
G7 for that wide angle camera and improved front camera. If it records 4k60fps and does concert mode audio recording (two features I don't know if it has yet still researching) then that would seal the deal.
That would be great but they haven't mentioned it yet and I don't like that they decreased the field of view on the G7 from the V30 that already didn't have much distortion on the edges.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Camera, software, battery, build perspective HTC will be better. But if you want headphone jack and audio DAC G7 is better.
Obviously, guessing based on previous iterations since we don't know until May 23rd how HTC U12 will look like.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Camera, software, battery, build perspective HTC will be better. But if you want headphone jack and audio DAC G7 is better.
Obviously, guessing based on previous iterations since we don't know until May 23rd how HTC U12 will look like.

I thought that battery was subpar on the U11+? At least that's what I've seen posted on Reddit. The V30 battery on the other hand is a beast. Software is subjective. Some like the almost stock OS, and some like oem skins for added features.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Personally for me I'm leaning towards the HTC U12+ because it's reportedly has no notch and the 3420 mAh is bigger than the 3000 mAh in the G7. Also HTC actually updates their phones rather timely unlike LG. (The G6 is still on Nougat and I've heard hasn't had practically any updates for it at all) Though, when I get frequent updates there is always the likelihood of one of the updates breaking something or destroying the batter life. (Like it did with my S7 Edge) I hope HTC gives their software a new look and feel because it seems to not have changed much since I have owned an HTC One M7.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Personally for me I'm leaning towards the HTC U12+ because it's reportedly has no notch and the 3420 mAh is bigger than the 3000 mAh in the G7. Also HTC actually updates their phones rather timely unlike LG. (The G6 is still on Nougat and I've heard hasn't had practically any updates for it at all) Though, when I get frequent updates there is always the likelihood of one of the updates breaking something or destroying the batter life. (Like it did with my S7 Edge) I hope HTC gives their software a new look and feel because it seems to not have changed much since I have owned an HTC One M7.

I like both brands but I lean more towards LG. I'm not a fan of stock Android and htc is super close to stock, and like you said, they haven't really updated their software in ages. I like added features in LGs software. The G7 will have zero issues in direct sunlight, the same can't be said for past HTC devices. Hopefully HTC cranks up the brightness on their display this time around. Another thing LG has over HTC for me is the AOD. I can't do a phone without it now.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been hanging onto an HTC 10, so one of these devices will be my next! Can't wait to see the u12, so we can all decide.

mike146

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
u12, g7, or v30. those will be my comparisons.

I am trying not to write off the HTC as every phone I have owned has been by them. but losing the headphone jack just doesn't seem like a good thing to me.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
u12, g7, or v30. those will be my comparisons.

I am trying not to write off the HTC as every phone I have owned has been by them. but losing the headphone jack just doesn't seem like a good thing to me.

I agree. Hypothetically if the U12 and G7 had all the same specs with the only differences being the G7 has a headphone jack and the U12 has a bigger battery, I'd go G7.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Hypothetically if the U12 and G7 had all the same specs with the only differences being the G7 has a headphone jack and the U12 has a bigger battery, I'd go G7.

That will be the difference. Same processor, maybe 2gb more RAM and a bigger battery. I'll still go for the U12+ because battery matters and the notch is ugly.

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I thought that battery was subpar on the U11+? At least that's what I've seen posted on Reddit. The V30 battery on the other hand is a beast. Software is subjective. Some like the almost stock OS, and some like oem skins for added features.

I think there was an early review with a sub-par unit, that was later updated.

My U11+ matches my mate 9 on battery usage.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would say LG. While LG isn't my favorite phone manufacturer .. I would trust them more versus HTC.

mike146

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
to all the current LG users...how do you feel about phone calls? my friend is using and LG V20 and if he moves phone slightly away from face at all, or tilts phone a bit, people on other end (me usually) cannot hear what he is saying. anyone else notice this?

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I never experienced that problem with my V20. Maybe something's wrong with their unit.
to all the current LG users...how do you feel about phone calls? my friend is using and LG V20 and if he moves phone slightly away from face at all, or tilts phone a bit, people on other end (me usually) cannot hear what he is saying. anyone else notice this?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Which do you think will be a better device (based on the leaks for the U12+ of course)?

HTC U12+: still big bezels, no headphone jack, no new features, 12MP + 16MP camera (telephoto lens?), 5.9' screen 538ppi, 3500mAh battery, NO FM radio support (requires headphone jack for it to work), squeeze function, LED notification? (I think)

G7: New Boombox sound chamber, 16MP wide angel 2nd lens, 16MP lens with new low-light feature and bokeh effect, new bezel-less display, Quad DAC audio with a 3.5mm auxiliary jack, 6.1' screen size 563ppi, HDR video support, 3000 mAh battery, FM radio support, DTS-X sound support, new extra button for Google Assistant (maybe programmable?), extra power button on the side, always on display

The HTC U12+ is rumored to be more expensive. I think people really want the headphone jack back that's why HTC and Moto are continuing to lose money.. guess they have a firm stance with no headphone jack, we'll see what happens in the future.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
HTC U12+: still big bezels, no headphone jack, no new features, 12MP + 16MP camera (telephoto lens?), 5.9' screen 538ppi, 3500mAh battery, NO FM radio support (requires headphone jack for it to work), squeeze function, LED notification? (I think)
No new features? How do you know this already? I know we like LG phones but you haven't even given the U12+ a chance and it hasn't been officially announced yet.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

G7: New Boombox sound chamber, 16MP wide angel 2nd lens, 16MP lens with new low-light feature and bokeh effect, new bezel-less display, Quad DAC audio with a 3.5mm auxiliary jack, 6.1' screen size 563ppi, HDR video support, 3000 mAh battery, FM radio support, DTS-X sound support, new extra button for Google Assistant (maybe programmable?), extra power button on the side, always on display

The HTC U12+ is rumored to be more expensive. I think people really want the headphone jack back that's why HTC and Moto are continuing to lose money.. guess they have a firm stance with no headphone jack, we'll see what happens in the future.

The G7 has bezels. The bottom bezel for example and the bezel created by the notch. And the HTC U12+ will most likely have a tweeter and woofer set up just like the previous phone (sound coming from the earpiece and the bottom speaker) So sound will be coming towards you. Now that versus the G7's putting the phone on a table is arguable as to which is better (personally I like to hold my phone and listen to videos but the Boombox feature can be good for listening to music). The G7 has a lead in audio overall though especially with the headphone jack. (Though I heard the USonic headphones that come with the U11 and probably the U12 are amazing and can only be done through the USB Port for it's technology) And the U12 will most likely also support HDR content. But there is something that you didn't mention. Faster updates. The U12 will most likely be getting faster updates than the G7 (look at the track record for each previous phone) The G6 is still on Nougat while Oreo 8.0 and even 8.1 has been out for months. If the phone is working perfect out of the box then fine, but if you may be having small problems with the phone it may not be addressed as fast on the G7.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site

I've used the V30 on T-Mo, and call quality hasn't been great, nor has signal strength. I've never had full bars, even at home, and I'm always told that I'm echoing on voice calls. Headphone audio is unsurpassed, though, which is important to me. Even so, I'm selling the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692