06-15-2018 02:30 PM
45 12
tools
    Which do you think will be a better device (based on the leaks for the U12+ of course)?
    05-07-2018 08:57 AM
    Going with the HTC U12+ because I think they have the most to prove between the two and the U11 was a seriously underrated phone largely in part to HTC and availability.
    05-07-2018 08:58 AM
    G7 for that wide angle camera and improved front camera. If it records 4k60fps and does concert mode audio recording (two features I don't know if it has yet still researching) then that would seal the deal.
    05-07-2018 09:37 AM
    G7 for that wide angle camera and improved front camera. If it records 4k60fps and does concert mode audio recording (two features I don't know if it has yet still researching) then that would seal the deal.
    That would be great but they haven't mentioned it yet and I don't like that they decreased the field of view on the G7 from the V30 that already didn't have much distortion on the edges.
    05-07-2018 09:50 AM
    Camera, software, battery, build perspective HTC will be better. But if you want headphone jack and audio DAC G7 is better.
    Obviously, guessing based on previous iterations since we don't know until May 23rd how HTC U12 will look like.
    idon12no likes this.
    05-07-2018 10:43 AM
    Camera, software, battery, build perspective HTC will be better. But if you want headphone jack and audio DAC G7 is better.
    Obviously, guessing based on previous iterations since we don't know until May 23rd how HTC U12 will look like.
    I thought that battery was subpar on the U11+? At least that's what I've seen posted on Reddit. The V30 battery on the other hand is a beast. Software is subjective. Some like the almost stock OS, and some like oem skins for added features.
    idon12no likes this.
    05-07-2018 11:29 AM
    Personally for me I'm leaning towards the HTC U12+ because it's reportedly has no notch and the 3420 mAh is bigger than the 3000 mAh in the G7. Also HTC actually updates their phones rather timely unlike LG. (The G6 is still on Nougat and I've heard hasn't had practically any updates for it at all) Though, when I get frequent updates there is always the likelihood of one of the updates breaking something or destroying the batter life. (Like it did with my S7 Edge) I hope HTC gives their software a new look and feel because it seems to not have changed much since I have owned an HTC One M7.
    idon12no likes this.
    05-07-2018 12:00 PM
    Personally for me I'm leaning towards the HTC U12+ because it's reportedly has no notch and the 3420 mAh is bigger than the 3000 mAh in the G7. Also HTC actually updates their phones rather timely unlike LG. (The G6 is still on Nougat and I've heard hasn't had practically any updates for it at all) Though, when I get frequent updates there is always the likelihood of one of the updates breaking something or destroying the batter life. (Like it did with my S7 Edge) I hope HTC gives their software a new look and feel because it seems to not have changed much since I have owned an HTC One M7.
    I like both brands but I lean more towards LG. I'm not a fan of stock Android and htc is super close to stock, and like you said, they haven't really updated their software in ages. I like added features in LGs software. The G7 will have zero issues in direct sunlight, the same can't be said for past HTC devices. Hopefully HTC cranks up the brightness on their display this time around. Another thing LG has over HTC for me is the AOD. I can't do a phone without it now.
    idon12no likes this.
    05-07-2018 12:06 PM
    I've been hanging onto an HTC 10, so one of these devices will be my next! Can't wait to see the u12, so we can all decide.
    idon12no likes this.
    05-07-2018 01:16 PM
    u12, g7, or v30. those will be my comparisons.

I am trying not to write off the HTC as every phone I have owned has been by them. but losing the headphone jack just doesn't seem like a good thing to me.
    holz75 and idon12no like this.
    05-09-2018 07:52 PM
    u12, g7, or v30. those will be my comparisons.

I am trying not to write off the HTC as every phone I have owned has been by them. but losing the headphone jack just doesn't seem like a good thing to me.
    I agree. Hypothetically if the U12 and G7 had all the same specs with the only differences being the G7 has a headphone jack and the U12 has a bigger battery, I'd go G7.
    idon12no likes this.
    05-10-2018 01:58 PM
    I agree. Hypothetically if the U12 and G7 had all the same specs with the only differences being the G7 has a headphone jack and the U12 has a bigger battery, I'd go G7.
    That will be the difference. Same processor, maybe 2gb more RAM and a bigger battery. I'll still go for the U12+ because battery matters and the notch is ugly.
    idon12no likes this.
    05-10-2018 02:44 PM
    I thought that battery was subpar on the U11+? At least that's what I've seen posted on Reddit. The V30 battery on the other hand is a beast. Software is subjective. Some like the almost stock OS, and some like oem skins for added features.
    I think there was an early review with a sub-par unit, that was later updated.

My U11+ matches my mate 9 on battery usage.
    J_appoll and idon12no like this.
    05-10-2018 04:38 PM
    I would say LG. While LG isn't my favorite phone manufacturer .. I would trust them more versus HTC.
    05-11-2018 10:55 AM
    to all the current LG users...how do you feel about phone calls? my friend is using and LG V20 and if he moves phone slightly away from face at all, or tilts phone a bit, people on other end (me usually) cannot hear what he is saying. anyone else notice this?
    05-13-2018 09:17 AM
    I never experienced that problem with my V20. Maybe something's wrong with their unit.
    to all the current LG users...how do you feel about phone calls? my friend is using and LG V20 and if he moves phone slightly away from face at all, or tilts phone a bit, people on other end (me usually) cannot hear what he is saying. anyone else notice this?
    05-13-2018 09:32 AM
    Which do you think will be a better device (based on the leaks for the U12+ of course)?
    HTC U12+: still big bezels, no headphone jack, no new features, 12MP + 16MP camera (telephoto lens?), 5.9' screen 538ppi, 3500mAh battery, NO FM radio support (requires headphone jack for it to work), squeeze function, LED notification? (I think)

G7: New Boombox sound chamber, 16MP wide angel 2nd lens, 16MP lens with new low-light feature and bokeh effect, new bezel-less display, Quad DAC audio with a 3.5mm auxiliary jack, 6.1' screen size 563ppi, HDR video support, 3000 mAh battery, FM radio support, DTS-X sound support, new extra button for Google Assistant (maybe programmable?), extra power button on the side, always on display

The HTC U12+ is rumored to be more expensive. I think people really want the headphone jack back that's why HTC and Moto are continuing to lose money.. guess they have a firm stance with no headphone jack, we'll see what happens in the future.
    idon12no likes this.
    05-13-2018 01:37 PM
    HTC U12+: still big bezels, no headphone jack, no new features, 12MP + 16MP camera (telephoto lens?), 5.9' screen 538ppi, 3500mAh battery, NO FM radio support (requires headphone jack for it to work), squeeze function, LED notification? (I think)
    No new features? How do you know this already? I know we like LG phones but you haven't even given the U12+ a chance and it hasn't been officially announced yet.
    05-13-2018 01:52 PM

G7: New Boombox sound chamber, 16MP wide angel 2nd lens, 16MP lens with new low-light feature and bokeh effect, new bezel-less display, Quad DAC audio with a 3.5mm auxiliary jack, 6.1' screen size 563ppi, HDR video support, 3000 mAh battery, FM radio support, DTS-X sound support, new extra button for Google Assistant (maybe programmable?), extra power button on the side, always on display

The HTC U12+ is rumored to be more expensive. I think people really want the headphone jack back that's why HTC and Moto are continuing to lose money.. guess they have a firm stance with no headphone jack, we'll see what happens in the future.
    The G7 has bezels. The bottom bezel for example and the bezel created by the notch. And the HTC U12+ will most likely have a tweeter and woofer set up just like the previous phone (sound coming from the earpiece and the bottom speaker) So sound will be coming towards you. Now that versus the G7's putting the phone on a table is arguable as to which is better (personally I like to hold my phone and listen to videos but the Boombox feature can be good for listening to music). The G7 has a lead in audio overall though especially with the headphone jack. (Though I heard the USonic headphones that come with the U11 and probably the U12 are amazing and can only be done through the USB Port for it's technology) And the U12 will most likely also support HDR content. But there is something that you didn't mention. Faster updates. The U12 will most likely be getting faster updates than the G7 (look at the track record for each previous phone) The G6 is still on Nougat while Oreo 8.0 and even 8.1 has been out for months. If the phone is working perfect out of the box then fine, but if you may be having small problems with the phone it may not be addressed as fast on the G7.
    idon12no likes this.
    05-14-2018 09:50 AM
    I've used the V30 on T-Mo, and call quality hasn't been great, nor has signal strength. I've never had full bars, even at home, and I'm always told that I'm echoing on voice calls. Headphone audio is unsurpassed, though, which is important to me. Even so, I'm selling the phone.
    05-15-2018 02:58 PM
    I've used the V30 on T-Mo, and call quality hasn't been great, nor has signal strength. I've never had full bars, even at home, and I'm always told that I'm echoing on voice calls. Headphone audio is unsurpassed, though, which is important to me. Even so, I'm selling the phone.
    Haven't experienced that with my V30
    05-25-2018 09:53 AM
    I'd really love to see a Dxomark rating for the LG G7 camera. I'm leaning U12+...
    05-25-2018 02:03 PM
    No new features? How do you know this already? I know we like LG phones but you haven't even given the U12+ a chance and it hasn't been officially announced yet.

If there were new features, they would have said it. There's only the squeeze feature, no audio improvement, nothing new really.
    05-25-2018 04:33 PM
    The G7 has bezels. The bottom bezel for example and the bezel created by the notch. And the HTC U12+ will most likely have a tweeter and woofer set up just like the previous phone (sound coming from the earpiece and the bottom speaker) So sound will be coming towards you. Now that versus the G7's putting the phone on a table is arguable as to which is better (personally I like to hold my phone and listen to videos but the Boombox feature can be good for listening to music). The G7 has a lead in audio overall though especially with the headphone jack. (Though I heard the USonic headphones that come with the U11 and probably the U12 are amazing and can only be done through the USB Port for it's technology) And the U12 will most likely also support HDR content. But there is something that you didn't mention. Faster updates. The U12 will most likely be getting faster updates than the G7 (look at the track record for each previous phone) The G6 is still on Nougat while Oreo 8.0 and even 8.1 has been out for months. If the phone is working perfect out of the box then fine, but if you may be having small problems with the phone it may not be addressed as fast on the G7.
    Who cares about updates, 99% of the time it does not improve performance. It's about what they bring to the table, the G7 offers something new like BoomBox sound plus a Quad DAC with a 3.5mm jack. Who cares about USonic ear buds, they are still ear buds, you can have a very cheap $30 phone with a real over the ear headphone and it will sound better. 2018 and has nothing new to offer.. might as well get a U11 or U Ultra because it's basically the same. Just get a Galaxy S8 or S9 at this point especially with the price point they are proposing.

G7: BoomBox sound chamber, Quad DAC audio with 3.5mm jack, 16MP wide angle camera, wireless charging, price is $749.99 (full price)

HTC: No wireless charging, no headphone jack, price is $800 for the 64GB U12+, or closer to $850 for the 128GB edition, camera shutter lag (according to android police preview)

In terms of looks, the HTC looks better but if you look at the back, it oddly resembles a V30. I am not trying to be a biased fanboy of LG but just look at the basic comparisons, I mean it's simple!

Source: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/0...t-bit-weirder/
    idon12no likes this.
    05-25-2018 04:38 PM
    If there were new features, they would have said it. There's only the squeeze feature, no audio improvement, nothing new really.
    But you said that before the phone was formally announced is what I was saying. Plus the camera system looks to be improved at least and offers slow motion at 240fps1080p and 4k60fps both of which the G7 don't seem to offer as of now. Also HTC does offer rich audio recording which most manufactures besides LG don't even bother with.
    05-25-2018 04:56 PM
45 12