I've been trying to read reviews but I can't seem to get a difinative conclusion. Does anyone one here have opinions?
    05-28-2018 05:07 AM
    From what I've been seeing it looks to be a solid device if you're an LG fan. It doesn't really bring anything exciting to the table in my opinion and the lack of 4k60fps or 240fps1080 is a loss in 2018 for me unless you can counter it in a meaningful way like Huawei. Stabilization still falls behind competitors and they kept the sensor the same size instead of taking an opportunity to use a larger sensor. And the decision to use space for a dedicated resonance chamber and decreasing the battery size seems like a bad decision. However some have reported surprising battery life while others scream caution. It's still definitely a good device for this year though.
    05-28-2018 11:29 AM
    I have a G6 and ordered the G7 because of the T-Mobile BOGO, but it seems the main two differentiators will be known excellent battery life with amoled screen vs unknown battery at this point, my guess is it'll be around 4 hrs SOT like the G6, and an LCD screen.

Apart from that, the V30's supposed to get AI camera features, which no one seems to be blown away by, and they both have good DACs. I prefer LCD screens, but I've put my G6 next to a V30, and the V30 was WAY better. I'm not sure what all the hate against the V30 screen was about. V30 is not a whole lot cheaper at the moment and the 835 chip doesn't seem to be too far behind the 845, so, like I said, I think it'll come down to screen tech and battery with these two.

And if you're on T-Mobile, both phones support band 71. Tough choice for sure.
    05-28-2018 02:43 PM
    From what I've been seeing it looks to be a solid device if you're an LG fan. It doesn't really bring anything exciting to the table in my opinion and the lack of 4k60fps or 240fps1080 is a loss in 2018 for me unless you can counter it in a meaningful way like Huawei. Stabilization still falls behind competitors and they kept the sensor the same size instead of taking an opportunity to use a larger sensor. And the decision to use space for a dedicated resonance chamber and decreasing the battery size seems like a bad decision. However some have reported surprising battery life while others scream caution. It's still definitely a good device for this year though.
    Thank you for your reply. Does the V30 have any of the things you mention the G7 lacking (besides the smaller bsttery)? I wanted to compare the two to each other, not competitors. Thanks again.
    05-28-2018 04:25 PM
    I have a G6 and ordered the G7 because of the T-Mobile BOGO, but it seems the main two differentiators will be known excellent battery life with amoled screen vs unknown battery at this point, my guess is it'll be around 4 hrs SOT like the G6, and an LCD screen.

Apart from that, the V30's supposed to get AI camera features, which no one seems to be blown away by, and they both have good DACs. I prefer LCD screens, but I've put my G6 next to a V30, and the V30 was WAY better. I'm not sure what all the hate against the V30 screen was about. V30 is not a whole lot cheaper at the moment and the 835 chip doesn't seem to be too far behind the 845, so, like I said, I think it'll come down to screen tech and battery with these two.

And if you're on T-Mobile, both phones support band 71. Tough choice for sure.
    Thank you too for your reply. The G7 is cheaper than the V30 but it has 6gb ram and the 8r5 processor. I was leaning towards the G7 (for the moment) as it is newer and those specs are better. But then again the V30 has the larger battery and better screen. What a (1st world) problem I have!
    idon12no likes this.
    05-28-2018 04:28 PM
    Thank you for your reply. Does the V30 have any of the things you mention the G7 lacking (besides the smaller bsttery)? I wanted to compare the two to each other, not competitors. Thanks again.
    From a timing and features perspective I would go for the G7 because it finally addresses one of the biggest issues in LG flagships: the front facing camera. It has the popular portrait modes front rear and front camera built in. Also if it matters to you, both cameras on the G7 have 16mp sensors. I just like the design better on the V30 and it's battery life is among the top in the flagship category.
    idon12no likes this.
    05-28-2018 04:33 PM
    From a timing and features perspective I would go for the G7 because it finally addresses one of the biggest issues in LG flagships: the front facing camera. It has the popular portrait modes front rear and front camera built in. Also if it matters to you, both cameras on the G7 have 16mp sensors. I just like the design better on the V30 and it's battery life is among the top in the flagship category.
    And there's part of my dilemma. .. I don't rely much on the front facing camera as I don't take many selfies. The G7 will be cheaper over all and hs 6gb ram. But the smaller battery..... ugh!
    05-28-2018 04:39 PM
    And there's part of my dilemma. .. I don't rely much on the front facing camera as I don't take many selfies. The G7 will be cheaper over all and hs 6gb ram. But the smaller battery..... ugh!
    I think the V30 might be cheaper though having been out longer than the G7. In fact it should be at least $100 cheaper.
    05-28-2018 05:47 PM
    I think the V30 might be cheaper though having been out longer than the G7. In fact it should be at least $100 cheaper.
    I'm on verizon and the V30 is $90 more than the G7. And I believe that's before the $100 off the G7.
    05-28-2018 05:57 PM
    I'm torn between the V30S ThinQ and the G7 ThinQ. The G7 is $70 more has the newer processor and better FFC and boombox but only 4gb of ram and 64gb storage while the V30S ThinQ has the 835 but 6gb of ram and 128gb of storage amoled screen and bigger battery
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...cUvbUpU6254204
    05-29-2018 04:36 AM
    Yeah higher RAM and storage are great but I would always choose the much recent SOC. Especially I'm pretty impressed with SD 845 on other phones. If I had to choose between V30s and G7, it would be G7 without any hesitation but that's because I prefer latest SD chip. But if you don't care about the latest chip V30s is a great option given higher RAM/storage with potato front camera unfortunately.
    I'm torn between the V30S ThinQ and the G7 ThinQ. The G7 is $70 more has the newer processor and better FFC and boombox but only 4gb of ram and 64gb storage while the V30S ThinQ has the 835 but 6gb of ram and 128gb of storage amoled screen and bigger battery
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...cUvbUpU6254336
    05-29-2018 09:40 AM
    Yeah higher RAM and storage are great but I would always choose the much recent SOC. Especially I'm pretty impressed with SD 845 on other phones. If I had to choose between V30s and G7, it would be G7 without any hesitation but that's because I prefer latest SD chip. But if you don't care about the latest chip V30s is a great option given higher RAM/storage with potato front camera unfortunately.
    It's like they are making you choose. I don't know why LG just doesn't make the newer phone better than the last? So to go from an G6 with a 5.7" screen and 3300mh battery they make the G7 with a 6.1" screen and a 3000mh battery?
    idon12no likes this.
    05-29-2018 11:36 AM
    It's like they are making you choose. I don't know why LG just doesn't make the newer phone better than the last? So to go from an G6 with a 5.7" screen and 3300mh battery they make the G7 with a 6.1" screen and a 3000mh battery?
    Yeah that sucks but I think their goal is to keep the battery life on par with previous gen and use that additional space for other features. With SD 845 efficiency they are probably able to achieve the same battery life compared to previous gen chip and larger battery. Not saying I agree with their decision but I believe that's their thinking.
    idon12no likes this.
    05-29-2018 11:41 AM
    Yeah that sucks but I think their goal is to keep the battery life on par with previous gen and use that additional space for other features. With SD 845 efficiency they are probably able to achieve the same battery life compared to previous gen chip and larger battery. Not saying I agree with their decision but I believe that's their thinking.
    I'm going to hold off on buying anything right now. Costco has that special for the S9 9+ till June 17th so I'll see what the early reviews are from the masses plus I want to see what the Xiaomi M8 is all about
    05-29-2018 12:18 PM
    Another + for the V30 is the wide angle lense. Field of vision is 120° vs 107° on the G7.

Might not seem like much but it is, if that's important to you. It is for me.
    ScottsoNJ likes this.
    05-29-2018 04:55 PM
    Man they haven't even released the G7 and they announce a phone with better specs ???? Oled screen,bigger battery 6gb of ram. LG should fire whoever handles their marketing
    05-30-2018 12:38 PM
    decided to suck it up and ordered the G7 today, arriving on Tuesday.
    idon12no likes this.
    06-01-2018 08:11 PM
    Nice !!! which carrier? Couldn't you have bought locally since they are available today in stores.
    06-01-2018 08:35 PM
    Nice !!! which carrier? Couldn't you have bought locally since they are available today in stores.
    VZW. I could have gone in and gotten it at a store but then I wouldn't have gotten the deal that it seems only online/phone call to customer service can do.

No activation fee
    $100 off the phone
    $262.50 trade in for mg Galaxy S7

Total monthly price will be $16 and change.

Drop the mic!
    bhatech and experiment 626 like this.
    06-02-2018 07:00 AM
    Mine came in the mail from T-Mobile yesterday, and I'm really liking it.
    06-03-2018 02:37 AM
    Got mine yesterday.

vs the V30 the screen is smaller which I was not expecting (totally my fault just assumed it was the same) on paper at 6.1 it appears the same but the 6.1 measurement includes the notch so in the flesh it is a slightly smaller phone than the V30.

Feels slightly bigger than an iPhone X but smaller than the V30, very nice as a one-handed phone but be aware if you like your screens on the larger side. Standby battery feels on a par with the V30 but in use slightly worse, in short battery is fine but not great.
    06-03-2018 03:44 AM