Battery life

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The G7 was a true successor to the G6 with vast improvements! Of course it's not perfect but it's darn good. Good job LG!

That's because G6 wasn't that great to begin with so they had to do lot of catching up. And yeah LG are pricing their phones so cheap /s
G7 and V35 aren't any cheap compared to S9/S9+.

Overall, I do like G7 and personally it's been long since I liked LG phone. They got most parts correct this time, even though not the best overall phone I do enjoy using the G7 every day. Haven't felt like that with a LG phone for a long time and have had them all.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I hate battery life threads, but I got my G7 Thurs afternoon and battery has been pretty disappointing.
Unfortunately under battery, the LG home launcher is the biggest culprit, at times showing as 30%. Even if I'm using a different launcher it still shows up number 1 on the list.

I'm guessing there is a way to use ADB to debloat or disable some of the apps.

Aside from that, really happy with the phone.

Wow, LG Home takes up 30%? That is too bad! Hopefully ensuing updates will bring some fixes.

natehartey12

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't get how everyone has such vastly different battery life experiences. all the flagship phones I get are always very comparable. my s9 and now my LG g7 both get the exact same usage time

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I never thought about that, thanks for that tip! I just turn off data using the data on/off toggle shortcut when not in use.
Yeah I also switch off mobile data when I don't need it. But I noticed even if you switch it off the bars still represent the connection strength, which is weird...

So for example if I change to LTE and then switch off mobile data I get 2 bars, but if change to 4g and then switch of data again I get full bars...so I wonder if the talk/voice part of the mobile signal connection is still affected by the mobile data choice, wether that be LTE or 4g/3g?

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Noticeable improvement over my G6. I'm steadily getting over for hours SOT which is tolerable, and you can see I did much better here.
593e6696456050005c89e77e44c5ae8f.jpg

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't get how everyone has such vastly different battery life experiences. all the flagship phones I get are always very comparable. my s9 and now my LG g7 both get the exact same usage time

Yea, it's very interesting. I think it has to do with the apps people use and their personal settings (primarily screen brightness).

I'm personally amazed by this battery. I pulled it off the charger no less than two hours ago and in that time have checked several emails and Arlo alerts, set some alarms, went back and changed them all, and the meter still hasn't gone below 100%. I've never seen anything like that. And, I don't use any battery saving features. I have several emails and apps which are constantly syncing and pushing.

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
For those that are getting 5 or more hours, what are your setting set to to achieve this? Are you using AOD, are you using forcedoze? What is you display resolution set to, screen brightness and such. Are you syncing apps in the background?
I do know this is all relative to the user, I am getting 4 hours SOT, and I am fine with this, but would like to know how I may be able to squeeze out a more minutes.

mike146

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Screen resolution set to medium, brightness at 50 most of the time. Emails all sync and push as needed. When I check battery, usually between 6 and 7 hours of screen on time reported.

AARON BRYANT2

Jun 10, 2018
Visit site
hovering around 5 SOT with resolution highest, brightness 50%, emails at fetch every 2 hours, battery saver off. I think the biggest differentiator is signal strength. I'm aroind 3 or 4 bars but if I go out in the boonies where I'll go to 1 bar or switch to 3g, my battery then tanks.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
For those that are getting 5 or more hours, what are your setting set to to achieve this? Are you using AOD, are you using forcedoze? What is you display resolution set to, screen brightness and such. Are you syncing apps in the background?
I do know this is all relative to the user, I am getting 4 hours SOT, and I am fine with this, but would like to know how I may be able to squeeze out a more minutes.

I'm getting great battery life and the only thing special I can think of that I'm doing is that my screen brightness is around 36% while I'm indoors during the day, and 24% while I watch YouTube before falling asleep.

I'm synching about 15 accounts, playing streaming radio loudly for about 3 hours, getting about 5 hours SOT and 24 hours between charging (which I do at 20%).
No AOD. Very little 4g. Not much call time.

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
Well it's good to hear I'm not off the mark. I'm not interested in tuning off features to get the most out of the device. My setting are like most everyone else's. Been playing with AOD and find I am fester off without it.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Well it's good to hear I'm not off the mark. I'm not interested in tuning off features to get the most out of the device. My setting are like most everyone else's. Been playing with AOD and find I am fester off without it.

Yea, I don't believe in depriving one's self of features in order to preserve battery so I use it however I like.
AOD just doesn't appeal to me, that's the only reason I don't use it.

evlarberryman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Yea, I don't believe in depriving one's self of features in order to preserve battery so I use it however I like.
AOD just doesn't appeal to me, that's the only reason I don't use it.

I'm with you, I'm not a fan of AOD but I LOVE that LG threw in an LED flasher... This is how I prefer to be notified of new messages.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here, still get great battery life without turning off any features (what's the point in making it dumb phone). Easily get around 5 hr screen time without doing much. Auto brightness on, everything left on default setting and no crappy apps which manage doze or other stuff like that since most of the cases they are the ones causing the issue

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
This thread made me decide to look at my SOT when I hit 20% battery yesterday and I was at 6 hours. I continued to use it for another half hour until I hit 15%.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Looking into getting this phone, how's everyone's battery life now since its been a month and batteries have settled in?

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Gotta say the battery life has been fine for what I need it to do. It gets me through the day easily but the SoT I am seeing here seem like a pipe dream for me at least. I havent hit 3 hours on SoT in about two weeks or more. I am averaging about 12-15 hours and 1.5-2 hours SoT. Its gotta be the auto brightness, but I work outside so I cant keep it low. But I dont even take my phone out and look at it outside a lot either though. Could it getting warm in my pocket in sunlight make it drain fast?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance