I have been spoiled by HTC's "uh oh" protection over the last 6 years where they replace it if you break it in the first year. I am switching to LG because HTC ditched high-end audio. I know there are a lot of insurance plans out there but I'm trying to figure out what ins plans are legit and that people have actually had success with. I'm pretty sure this thing will fall onto my tile floors at some point.
    Thanks.
    06-04-2018 08:07 PM
    I have been spoiled by HTC's "uh oh" protection over the last 6 years where they replace it if you break it in the first year. I am switching to LG because HTC ditched high-end audio. I know there are a lot of insurance plans out there but I'm trying to figure out what ins plans are legit and that people have actually had success with. I'm pretty sure this thing will fall onto my tile floors at some point.
    Thanks.
    A lot of credit cards have protection if you buy it with that card or if I pay my cellphone bill with my Wells Fargo credit card they cover up to $600 for damage.
    Pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your eligible Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card and you'll get up to $600 protection (subject to a $25 deductible).

Eligible cell phones are protected against damage or theft, however coverage does not include cell phones that are lost.
    B0WIE likes this.
    06-04-2018 09:58 PM
    A lot of credit cards have protection if you buy it with that card or if I pay my cellphone bill with my Wells Fargo credit card they cover up to $600 for damage.
    Pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your eligible Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card and you'll get up to $600 protection (subject to a $25 deductible).

Eligible cell phones are protected against damage or theft, however coverage does not include cell phones that are lost.
    Very interesting, thx. I have Chase but was thinking of moving my biz account to WF. This is more motivation to look into that.
    I buy my phones outright, unlocked. Do you know if the coverage still applies and how long?
    06-04-2018 10:23 PM
    Very interesting, thx. I have Chase but was thinking of moving my biz account to WF. This is more motivation to look into that.
    I buy my phones outright, unlocked. Do you know if the coverage still applies and how long?
    If you buy it outright they will cover up to $600 minus the deductable. Business accounts are NOT covered
    B0WIE likes this.
    06-05-2018 07:16 AM
    LG is offering 2 years of protection if you register your device with them:

Visit LGPromise.com
    06-05-2018 08:06 AM
    LG is offering 2 years of protection if you register your device with them:

Visit LGPromise.com
    Thanks, though if I'm not mistaken, that's extended warranty coverage, not drop insurance.
    06-05-2018 08:40 AM
    Thanks, though if I'm not mistaken, that's extended warranty coverage, not drop insurance.
    Yeah LG 2 year warranty is not going to cover drop, accidental damages.
    06-05-2018 11:00 AM
    I use Wells Fargo's coverage. I had WF as my checking/savings already, so opened a CC with them specifically for the insurance. I have autopay on and the only thing I use that card for is my Verizon account.

One thing to note with their insurance that I haven't figured out how to navigate yet. We have a family account with me, my wife, my parents, my sister, and my nephews. The CC terms state they only cover the first 5 lines listed on the account. VZW lists accounts in cell number order, meaning my sister's phone gets bumped by my nephews phones. I'd like hers to be covered, however, as hers is more expensive.
    06-06-2018 04:22 PM