Is it worth to upgrade From G6 to G7

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
It been more than a year using the G6 happy with it so far...i use it mainly as 2nd or 3rd phone.... When I travel love the wide angle camera and use it for youtube videos....how big Is the upgrade from G6 to G7 ?

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I am going to keep my G6 for now. It works just great for my needs. I am not a gamer, so the 821 is fast enough for me, my Verizon model now has Oreo, I am happy with the camera, it takes great pictures. For me, phones keep getting bigger and bigger and so does the price. I am seriously considering going to a mid range type phone, when I feel the need to move on from the G6. I am especially interested in waiting to see what comes next year out with the new SD710 chip.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't resist T-Mobile's two for one deal, and I have to say the G7 is a legit upgrade from the G6. Having said that though, my only complaints with the G6 were sluggish camera and battery life, and I could totally have lived with those if there hadn't been such a good deal on the G7.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't resist T-Mobile's two for one deal, and I have to say the G7 is a legit upgrade from the G6. Having said that though, my only complaints with the G6 were sluggish camera and battery life, and I could totally have lived with those if there hadn't been such a good deal on the G7.

I'm going to go look at it today. I love my G6 but given I've been having issues with it I might jump ship. The couple of things that are keeping me from upgrading is the 2nd year promise warranty, the smaller G7 battery and the stupid notch (That I'm slowly warming up to).

But I don't see a good deal anywhere other than Canada where they give you a free TV. BOGO means nothing to me when I don't have another line that needs upgrading. I could probably use another line for work but is it really worth it?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to go look at it today. I love my G6 but given I've been having issues with it I might jump ship. The couple of things that are keeping me from upgrading is the 2nd year promise warranty, the smaller G7 battery and the stupid notch (That I'm slowly warming up to).

But I don't see a good deal anywhere other than Canada where they give you a free TV. BOGO means nothing to me when I don't have another line that needs upgrading. I could probably use another line for work but is it really worth it?

Yeah, I can see why you'd be hesitating a little bit. I am surprised how I like the notches on the Essential, OP 6, and LG G7. Not bad.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Try and get your hands on one first. The G6 has wide angle viewing at 125° and the G7 only has 107°

It's a big difference and that might be a deciding factor if the wide angle is important.

Other than that I think it's worth while. Oh and the pesky power button is now separate from the fps.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Had the G6 . G7 is a legitimate upgrade and worth getting, especially if you can find a deal. Best Buy is now $200 off.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Two for one makes the G7 crazy good, but if you don't have a need for two, then you and up spending for no reason.

tale 85

May 24, 2016
Visit site
I bit the bullet and traded my G6 for the G7 mainly after I saw the early Audio reviews and I couldn't be happier. I'm not a big camera person but between being about half deaf and loving my music, this thing is astounding. The "Boom box" speaker is the best I've ever heard. My Moto X Pure Edition was good, the Idol 4S (Windows) was even better, but this thing blows them both away.
Using the T-Mobile Jump program I got $260 for my year old G6 and can upgrade again when I pay off half of this one.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I bit the bullet and traded my G6 for the G7 mainly after I saw the early Audio reviews and I couldn't be happier. I'm not a big camera person but between being about half deaf and loving my music, this thing is astounding. The "Boom box" speaker is the best I've ever heard. My Moto X Pure Edition was good, the Idol 4S (Windows) was even better, but this thing blows them both away.
Using the T-Mobile Jump program I got $260 for my year old G6 and can upgrade again when I pay off half of this one.

Wow, what a great deal you received! Enjoy your G7! Sounds like LG hit a home run with this one!

tale 85

May 24, 2016
Visit site
For me, it has everything I thought the G6 was lacking.

And yes, I like the idea of only buying half of a phone.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Going from G6 to G7 isn't worth it IMO. I have V30 coming from V20 for the concert mode audio recording and higher quality wide angle and better low light after having V10 upgrading to avoid getting the horrid bootloop. I found those upgrades to be worth it.

But the G6 I got my fiancée we will still keep. The G7 doesn't have 4k 60fps video recording. No one has been able to confirm concert mode, and the battery shrunk. We like the flat screen on the phone making the flat screen protectors work really well for it.

I'm a die hard LG fan primarily because of the wide angle cameras. 2018 isn't the year to upgrade from the 2017 phones. G7 and V35 are not enough of a leap. If you have G5 or V20 by all means sure but not if you already have G6 or V30.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Going from G6 to G7 isn't worth it IMO. I have V30 coming from V20 for the concert mode audio recording and higher quality wide angle and better low light after having V10 upgrading to avoid getting the horrid bootloop. I found those upgrades to be worth it.

But the G6 I got my fiancée we will still keep. The G7 doesn't have 4k 60fps video recording. No one has been able to confirm concert mode, and the battery shrunk. We like the flat screen on the phone making the flat screen protectors work really well for it.

I'm a die hard LG fan primarily because of the wide angle cameras. 2018 isn't the year to upgrade from the 2017 phones. G7 and V35 are not enough of a leap. If you have G5 or V20 by all means sure but not if you already have G6 or V30.
I'm with you on the V30 side of the house, but I do think the G7 is a legit update to the G6. Nothing against my G6, I really liked it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you on the V30 side of the house, but I do think the G7 is a legit update to the G6. Nothing against my G6, I really liked it.
Especially G6 I believe it was not even on SD 835, was it SD 821? Almost 2 gen back Snapdragon SOC.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It been more than a year using the G6 happy with it so far...i use it mainly as 2nd or 3rd phone.... When I travel love the wide angle camera and use it for youtube videos....how big Is the upgrade from G6 to G7 ?

Very big. Snapdragon 821 to 845 and 4GB to 6GB RAM is a big upgrade, battery life will be much better. The front camera is a vast improvement.. I recall the G6 having a very terrible camera for some reason (very grainy). The BoomBox speaker + HiFi DAC audio are already two big benefits. The camera on the G6 was mediocre, the new G7 can shoot in low light and has a new 16MP wide angle lens (upgrade from 13MP). It's also very bright and has a bigger screen, possibly the brightness phone on the market, the G6 screen was very dim and dull.. the 0.4' bigger screen really does make a difference though the size is still slim. Don't listen to the naysayers about the small battery.. Snapdragon 845 + Android O + LG's software, you'll experience very good battery life (LG is known to have a very lightweight OS). It's not about battery size anymore but efficiency (iPhones always had small batteries, 1800 mAh on the iPhone 8). The phone itself is incredibly lightweight and slim, LG has always emphasized the slim designs on all their flagships. The G6 was a little disappointing especially since Samsung hogged all the Snapdragon 835 CPUs and they had to use the 821 CPU which is less battery efficient and the front facing camera was a big downgrade from the V20. Overall, yes, this phone is much more exciting and has beefier specs worth upgrading to. I would sell your phone and use the money towards the G7.

Honestly, I would rather get the LG G7 ThinQ over the LG V35.. 1: due to the fact I prefer the LCD screen on the G7 vs OLED, and 2: the new host of features like BoomBox sound, additional Google Assistant button + extra optional power button on the side, ultra bright screen mode for outdoors...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay