Is it worth to upgrade From G6 to G7

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Very big. Snapdragon 821 to 845 and 4GB to 6GB RAM is a big upgrade, battery life will be much better. The front camera is a vast improvement.. I recall the G6 having a very terrible camera for some reason (very grainy). The BoomBox speaker + HiFi DAC audio are already two big benefits. The camera on the G6 was mediocre, the new G7 can shoot in low light and has a new 16MP wide angle lens (upgrade from 13MP). It's also very bright and has a bigger screen, possibly the brightness phone on the market, the G6 screen was very dim and dull.. the 0.4' bigger screen really does make a difference though the size is still slim. Don't listen to the naysayers about the small battery.. Snapdragon 845 + Android O + LG's software, you'll experience very good battery life (LG is known to have a very lightweight OS). It's not about battery size anymore but efficiency (iPhones always had small batteries, 1800 mAh on the iPhone 8). The phone itself is incredibly lightweight and slim, LG has always emphasized the slim designs on all their flagships. The G6 was a little disappointing especially since Samsung hogged all the Snapdragon 835 CPUs and they had to use the 821 CPU which is less battery efficient and the front facing camera was a big downgrade from the V20. Overall, yes, this phone is much more exciting and has beefier specs worth upgrading to. I would sell your phone and use the money towards the G7.

Honestly, I would rather get the LG G7 ThinQ over the LG V35.. 1: due to the fact I prefer the LCD screen on the G7 vs OLED, and 2: the new host of features like BoomBox sound, additional Google Assistant button + extra optional power button on the side, ultra bright screen mode for outdoors...

Does the G7 have 6gb of RAM in the US also? I thought only 4?

Jeff August

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Lg g6 doesn't support slimport or usb-c dp alt mode; can any adapter or cable work with the lg g7 thinq to connect to tv? (I know wirelessly you can use miracast or chromecast)

Ian Bower

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Defo worth the upgrade, got both at the moment while I sell the G6 and can confirm is a great upgrade. Screen, build, speed, cameras, quad DAC, wireless charge ( didn't get either in my UK version) and only £90 more than a one plus 6. Considerably easier to hold and more svelte like than its older brother, it oozes class. Battery still settling down so yet to confirm SOT. If you're on the fence.. Jump in.. You won't regret it!

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Defo worth the upgrade, got both at the moment while I sell the G6 and can confirm is a great upgrade. Screen, build, speed, cameras, quad DAC, wireless charge ( didn't get either in my UK version) and only £90 more than a one plus 6. Considerably easier to hold and more svelte like than its older brother, it oozes class. Battery still settling down so yet to confirm SOT. If you're on the fence.. Jump in.. You won't regret it!
How is the build better? G6 is all metal and glass already and the power button doesn't wiggle. I also think my fiancée's G6 is easier to hold than my V30, so this is subjective.

We are gonna wait till next year and hope that LG catches up with 4k 60fps video recording, not to mention actually offering a G series on AT&T.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
How is the build better? G6 is all metal and glass already and the power button doesn't wiggle. I also think my fiancée's G6 is easier to hold than my V30, so this is subjective.

We are gonna wait till next year and hope that LG catches up with 4k 60fps video recording, not to mention actually offering a G series on AT&T.

G7 got 4k in 60fps today for some models. Rest to come soon.

Ian Bower

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I found the G6 to be a little harsh around the edges, so ergonomically easier for me, so right, subjective, but I agree that the G6 feels more robust. I have both here and enjoy picking up the G7 way more, the haptic feel is very effective also. I have a week left of my return option on my G7 and no way is it going back!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I really like my g6. Just picked up a new (resale) G7 on swappa. Really cheap - $500. The biggest reason I got it is for band 71 on t-mobile. They lit up the 600mhz band in my rural town in CA.

That right there is a good reason to upgrade.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I really like my g6. Just picked up a new (resale) G7 on swappa. Really cheap - $500. The biggest reason I got it is for band 71 on t-mobile. They lit up the 600mhz band in my rural town in CA.

That right there is a good reason to upgrade.

That's a great deal! Enjoy!

sjfrazier0410

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from a v20. Not a G6 but so far no regrets. The width is a little strange and I already miss the removable battery, but other than that, for me everything else is a major plus comparatively

Jeff August

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Lg g6 doesn't support slimport or usb-c dp alt mode; can any adapter or cable work with the lg g7 thinq to connect to tv? (I know wirelessly you can use miracast or chromecast)
Found an answer to my own post on another thread. Lg G7 Thinq doesn't support usb-c video output! IMO not worth the upgrade since this is a feature I really want.