For some reason I can't find the stock email app. Can anybody advise?
    idon12no likes this.
    06-05-2018 09:06 PM
    It's there. Try swiping down to activate Google search and enter email. It looks like the stock calendar app was abandoned in exchange for the Google calendar though.
    06-05-2018 09:25 PM
    thanks, but not there.... strange!
    06-05-2018 09:29 PM
    For some reason I can't find the stock email app. Can anybody advise?
    It's in the Essentials folder.
    06-05-2018 09:42 PM
    That's funny. For me, I have a stock calendar that I had to switch out for Google's. I have been looking for email app as well with no luck.

I can add an aol email to Gmail, but prefer that on a separate set up and don't want all the bloat of aol app. get to much spam to that email and at all times of day and night. don't want to have notifications constantly. Gmail is set up for notifications as those accounts are a little more important.
    06-05-2018 09:54 PM
    That's funny. For me, I have a stock calendar that I had to switch out for Google's. I have been looking for email app as well with no luck.

I can add an aol email to Gmail, but prefer that on a separate set up and don't want all the bloat of aol app. get to much spam to that email and at all times of day and night. don't want to have notifications constantly. Gmail is set up for notifications as those accounts are a little more important.
    Does the AOL app itself function OK? I am switching phones because my current doesn't sync emails reliably. I have an aol email I use for business and want to get those emails as reliably as possible. Is it worth using the app?
    06-05-2018 10:19 PM
    Does the AOL app itself function OK? I am switching phones because my current doesn't sync emails reliably. I have an aol email I use for business and want to get those emails as reliably as possible. Is it worth using the app?
    So far so good. I have been using for three days now with no problems. It actually works great. Notifications can be set to whatever you like along with how often to sync. I had similar problems with email app on HTC 10 where sometimes it couldn't sync. None of that with the app.

Right now with 64 gb available internal and a 128 gb microsd for pictures and music, not a problem. Just didn't want the app to keep updating all the other stuff besides mail.

In my limited experience so far, you shouldn't have any problems. If I notice anything unusual, will update.
    B0WIE likes this.
    06-05-2018 11:17 PM
    also, as far as I have been able to find, Gmail is only mail app on phone. If you follow instructions in online manual at Verizon, you will end up adding any emails to Gmail.

I haven't figured out if I can set up different notifications to different email addresses or if all list be the same. hence my is of the aol app as I can set that specifically for just my aol account.
    06-05-2018 11:25 PM
    So far so good. I have been using for three days now with no problems. It actually works great. Notifications can be set to whatever you like along with how often to sync. I had similar problems with email on HTC 10 where sometimes it couldn't sync. None of that with the app.

Right now with 64 gb available internal and a 128 gb microsd for pictures and music, not a problem. Just didn't want the app to keep updating all the other stuff besides mail.

In my limited experience so far, you shouldn't have any problems. If I notice anything unusual, will update.
    Same here, I love the HTC 10 but can't deal with the sync issues anymore.
    06-06-2018 12:33 AM
    If you want a good Email App Try Bluemail it does alot of other ones other then gmail
    06-06-2018 03:16 AM
    Not for me it isn't! Thanks anyway!!
    06-06-2018 12:31 PM
    I have Verizon, is it possible they removed the stock email app and just left Gmail?
    06-06-2018 03:46 PM
    I have Verizon, is it possible they removed the stock email app and just left Gmail?
    I also have VZW and it seems that's exactly what they did!
    06-06-2018 04:22 PM
    thanks, but not there.... strange!
    Mine is with T-Mobile. I had a stock email app, but no stock calendar. Google was the only installed calendar.
    06-08-2018 01:13 AM
    On some phones neither the stock Mail App nor the stock Messaging App are included. Seems to be a carrier decision. Maybe one user could upload the .apks of both LG stock apps?

The free devices on the european market don't have them too, sadly. If they had the apps, I'd upload them.
    06-09-2018 02:14 PM
    My T-Mobile G6 came with both stock email and calendar.
    06-09-2018 08:44 PM
    My T-Mobile G6 came with both stock email and calendar.
    I don't know why Verizon takes stock features out without even replaci them with something else. Very perplexing.
    06-10-2018 08:34 AM
    since someone mentioned blue mail previously, decided to set up a work email on that....and so far so good.

dumped the aol app, didn't want the bloat that goes with it. aol email I added to two Gmail accounts and has been working great. can do notifications based on each email account.
    06-11-2018 04:45 PM
    since someone mentioned blue mail previously, decided to set up a work email on that....and so far so good.

dumped the aol app, didn't want the bloat that goes with it. aol email I added to two Gmail accounts and has been working great. can do notifications based on each email account.
    I've used Blue Mail several times in the past and it was wonderful.
    06-11-2018 07:26 PM
    Verizon as well... no stock email app.
    Gmail and Yahoo app only.
    Any other Verizon users can confirm this.
    I saw there is one earlier in this thread.
    Whats interesting is. Under accounts it does show an "exchange" account account to add.
    Thanks
    06-15-2018 07:09 PM
    I'm on Verizon and Gmail is the app on mine. I tried blue mail, but when I set up an activesync account, my attachments are missing. Anyone else have this issue?
    06-29-2018 12:54 PM
    Not surprising that VZW includes the Yahoo mail, as they bought Yahoo!
    07-30-2018 05:41 PM
    To jcbehm

I haven't noticed any problems with attachments. I have sent them and received them from others. Have to open manually, but that is expected.

I have only been using it since I got this phone in June and use it for work email. Has been flawless for me so far.
    07-30-2018 06:00 PM
    To jcbehm

I haven't noticed any problems with attachments. I have sent them and received them from others. Have to open manually, but that is expected.

I have only been using it since I got this phone in June and use it for work email. Has been flawless for me so far.
    Thanks for the reply. I have since moved on to Nine mail. So far, so good.
    07-31-2018 07:21 AM