G7 - Default Assistant - Cortana

JKBowman

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Anybody know if I change the Default Assistant on the G7 to Cortana (or other) so that when the dedicated assistant button is pressed Cortana is activated?

I'd like to buy a Verizon G7 today, but I really need this functionality.

Thx

dakranii

Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
I have Cortana set as my default assistant, but the dedicated assistant button isn't doing anything. My assumption is that switching away from Google deactivated the button.

JKBowman

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Just what I needed to know. Thanks.

I really like the thought of that button. But Google just doesn't seem to understand me very well. Cortana gets me every time.

Thanks again...

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have Cortana set as my default assistant, but the dedicated assistant button isn't doing anything. My assumption is that switching away from Google deactivated the button.

I read an article stating that they might make the button re-assignable, but that there's been no official word yet.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I noticed today that I was able to switch the button from Google Assistant to Alexa. if Cortana is supported you should be able to switch the button to that as well.

dakranii

Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
How did you accomplish that? Making Alexa the default automatically switched the button action or did you have to manually do something?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So.... I was partially correct and partially mistaken. You can switch the assistant functionality but not for the physical button. It switched for the soft button which doubles as the home button. If you hold the home button down it launches the assistant of your choice. When you switch the assistant from Google, it renders the physical button unusable (which is my preference).

To change the default go to;
Settings
Apps & Notifications
Default Apps
Assist and Voice Input

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21