G7? Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I went over to T-Mobile today to take a look at the G7. It didn't excite me. I played with it. Tried to like it but it didnt happen. I continued to walk around the store and checked out a few other things. Eventually came across the price of the Note 8. It costs slightly less than the G7.

The Galaxy Note 4 was one of the best devices I ever owned. I didn't like the Note 8 at least until now. I missed the S-pen. I miss not needing to carry a note pad. So I picked one up. Didn't expect to either.

G6 is still the best phone I've ever owned despite its flaws. Hopefully the Note 8 changes this. Enjoying it so far.

I wasn't sure if I was going to pull the trigger until...I did. We'll see how these first 14 days go.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
this is my first LG phone after having many many Samsung phones. I feel LG is more innovative because they're not as big as Samsung and Samsung just rests on their Laurels at this point. I for one am very excited about my LG phone and I think the fingerprint sensor is far superior than anything Samsung has. The facial recognition is very good and I was surprised how quick it is.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I like how people try to justify their phone purchases are the best

I'm not justifying anything. LG G6 and Note 4 are the best phones I've ever had. I couldn't get over the notch and I couldn't justify the price. I wish I could have both. Like I said in my previous posts, if LG offered the free 4K TV to go with the G7 like they did in Canada, it would have been a done deal for me.

this is my first LG phone after having many many Samsung phones. I feel LG is more innovative because they're not as big as Samsung and Samsung just rests on their Laurels at this point. I for one am very excited about my LG phone and I think the fingerprint sensor is far superior than anything Samsung has. The facial recognition is very good and I was surprised how quick it is.

Fingerprint sensor location absolutely blows on the Note. Can't stand it. I'll also miss the wide angle camera. I haven't returned my G6 yet. I sort of want to keep it just in case.

Despite someone here saying it's a paid Samsung post...lol...I'm not the biggest Samsung fan. If anything I've bashed them in my posts here on AC for serving up lag ridden phones and horrendous battery life.

Again, we'll see how these first few days go. I have 14 days to return it.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not justifying anything. LG G6 and Note 4 are the best phones I've ever had. I couldn't get over the notch and I couldn't justify the price. I wish I could have both. Like I said in my previous posts, if LG offered the free 4K TV to go with the G7 like they did in Canada, it would have been a done deal for me.

Fingerprint sensor location absolutely blows on the Note. Can't stand it. I'll also miss the wide angle camera. I haven't returned my G6 yet. I sort of want to keep it just in case.

Despite someone here saying it's a paid Samsung post...lol...I'm not the biggest Samsung fan. If anything I've bashed them in my posts here on AC for serving up lag ridden phones and horrendous battery life.

One of the reasons I'm liking the G7 so much is the fact it's so customizable. For instance, to notch or not to notch is a user preference.

I also LOVE the fact I can move around and customize the soft buttons and even make them disappear.

My first LG and probably not my last.

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
I went over to T-Mobile today to take a look at the G7. It didn't excite me. I played with it. Tried to like it but it didnt happen. I continued to walk around the store and checked out a few other things. Eventually came across the price of the Note 8. It costs slightly less than the G7.

The Galaxy Note 4 was one of the best devices I ever owned. I didn't like the Note 8 at least until now. I missed the S-pen. I miss not needing to carry a note pad. So I picked one up. Didn't expect to either.

G6 is still the best phone I've ever owned despite its flaws. Hopefully the Note 8 changes this. Enjoying it so far.

I wasn't sure if I was going to pull the trigger until...I did. We'll see how these first 14 days go.

Next time post this in the Note 8 forum. Enjoy your phone.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

Why didn't you wait for note 9

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Why didn't you wait for note 9

Too much money. Phones in general are getting too expensive. The Note 8 is still an upgrade from my G6 given it has a more powerful processor, double the storage capacity, better display and 6gb vs 4gb ram. And I missed the s-pen of my Note 4. If the G6 (specifically the G6) had an S-PEN like feature, I would have never traded it in. Not until it died. And another reason I picked up the Note 8 is because it was cheaper than the G7. I couldn't justify the price.

Also. Even though I started warming up to the notch, I still don't like that manufacturers are blatantly copying Apple this time. It's pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC