Link Bluetooth and device volume. Anybody figured this out?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I am wondering if anybody has found a solution to this on LG phones?

On my G7 when using wireless headphones I have to adjust the volume on the device and headphones individually, not a big deal some might say but also unless the headphones have a companion app I also have no visible indication of what the volume is. My solution so far is to set the volume to maximum on the headphones and use the phone control to adjust the volume.

I know that Samsung offer this as an option, and I think the pixel 2 does too? Has anybody figured this out on an LG phone or am I the only one who finds it frustrating

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
It's also dependent on the headphones themselves. I know some brands just don't support it properly. I have a pair of Bluetooth buds (Tronsmart) that all documentation actually looks that the volume is separate from the device. Read reviews too and its the common drawback for this model.
I am wondering if anybody has found a solution to this on LG phones?

On my G7 when using wireless headphones I have to adjust the volume on the device and headphones individually, not a big deal some might say but also unless the headphones have a companion app I also have no visible indication of what the volume is. My solution so far is to set the volume to maximum on the headphones and use the phone control to adjust the volume.

I know that Samsung offer this as an option, and I think the pixel 2 does too? Has anybody figured this out on an LG phone or am I the only one who finds it frustrating

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Good point. I have used beats studio 3 and Sony wh1000 which I'm pretty sure should support it. Both work that way on an iPhone and the Sony's also did on an S9.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is this that?
7d61bfdee17b1fee4c5d5dbf03b574fe.jpg

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I posted this query over on reddit and curiously some people are saying that sync works for them. I’ve had the G6, V30 and now the G7 and it has not worked on any of them.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Solved!!

I found a solution for anybody who is interested...

1. Connect smartphone with Bluetooth headset.
2. Settings> Network> Bluetooth> Select the headset settings icon (right)>
Edit the name of the device> Rename the device name as "ABS-DO-ENABLE".
3. Disconnect the headset> Reconnect the headset."

I had to add a 4th step to reboot the phone as it did not work initially, now works like a charm though.

Found this on xda http://https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/help/volume-sync-bluetooth-headset-t3831828

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad