Wiping System Cache/ Textra Problem

johnts

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I setup my G7 yesterday. Ran into a couple issues with Textra and trying to find out how to clear the system cache.
I did a search to try and find out how to clear the system cache after I had everything setup, but I could not find anything. If you hold down the power button on the home screen, the only option is to restart is safe mode. I can't find anything to wipe the system cache. On the G4 it was one of many options on a screen.

I transferred my messages using SMS backup and restore via Google drive.
All of the messages show in the stock LG messages app. When I use Textra, all I get is message headers and there is nothing inside them. I cleared the data and cache in Textra, uninstalled it, and then installed it again with the same results. As a test I installed Chomp and all the messages populated normally. Any thoughts on how to fix the Textra issue. I emailed the developers, but haven't heard anything yet.
If I could figure out how to clear the system cache, I thinking maybe that would fix the Textra issue. I used Textra on my G4 with no problems.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The system cache is for the system - for Android itself. If you want to clear the Textra cache, that's in Settings/Apps/Other apps/Textra, but I doubt it's a cache problem. But good luck.

johnts

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I heard back from some of the guys at Textra. Apparently any LG phone running 8.0 is having a problem with Textra. They are working on a fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20