Due to me having OCD, I have already performed around 8-9 hard resets of my brand new G7 (reason being i always think something needs a reset to work completely fine).

My question is: do these hard resets (done from the volume/power buttons) damage anything? Does cache just stack up or it's wiped after every reset?

I feel like the battery is draining faster and faster with each reset... But again that might be my OCD.

What do you think?

Thank you and appreciated.
    06-14-2018 09:07 PM
    I think that you’re worrying for no reason. I’m OCD toi and I think I factory reset like thrice in ten years, because it was needed. I still can see when a phonr is performing as it should.
    06-14-2018 09:44 PM
    Don't worry about it. The battery thing is in your head. If you're talking about a true hard reset (powering down, not a factory reset) then you're fine. I try to do one every 3 days but it ends up being more like once a week. Programs can and do get glitchy and it's best to restart every once in a while. I can think of several apps on my phone that stop functioning right (fail to sync, post notifications, etc)after a few days and resume proper function after a reset..

No, it's not affecting your battery. On a technical level, there is nothing about the process that could damage a battery like that.
    06-14-2018 10:34 PM
    Yeh, I think it's your OCD and you are draining your battery faster than need be by doing it. If you're worried about the cache stacking up, go into your Settings and look under Internal Storage and clear it. Where it is exactly differs between OS.
    06-14-2018 10:40 PM
    I think you should just setup your phone and use it / enjoy it .
    06-15-2018 12:24 AM
    Thanks for all the replies!

My main concern about the phone is that after the initial set-up of the phone, I have to first automatically register it to a network, then choose an APN option and THEN to restart it. After these 2, if I don't restart it, the phone always connets to H+. After the restart, it switches to 4G for the rest of time, but not if it's not restarted.
    06-15-2018 04:38 AM
    Due to me having OCD, I have already performed around 8-9 hard resets of my brand new G7 (reason being i always think something needs a reset to work completely fine).

My question is: do these hard resets (done from the volume/power buttons) damage anything? Does cache just stack up or it's wiped after every reset?

I feel like the battery is draining faster and faster with each reset... But again that might be my OCD.

What do you think?

Thank you and appreciated.
    The reason why you're seeing bad battery is because Android needs to recognize your daily habits so then it can save battery, it takes several weeks before it can "settle in". You keep resetting, then it starts over.

Hard resets will not damage the phone, though constant reads/writes on the SSD (internal storage) overtime eventually will stop working, but that's going to take many years.. or it might not even happen... (in the case of the Galaxy Note 4, it only lasted 2-3 years before the MMC chip error). So it depends also on the manufacturer and quality of the hardware.

So long story short, stop hard resetting unless you need to. The Android system needs to "recognize" your habits and optimize so it can save battery better. Give it several weeks. Your phone is not damaged from the resets.
    06-15-2018 12:45 PM
    I know it is much easier said than done, but try not to worry! Multiple hard resets will not hurt your phone. With regards to your battery, I am sure its declining health is not the case - but you can always pull up your Settings app and see if your battery stats have changed at all since the last reset; if you are concerned.
    06-15-2018 05:24 PM