Hi, I just picked up the LGG7 thinq this weekend and I've noticed that some apps require you to manually scale the app size to fit the screen. Is this because the developer didn't design the app to work with our 18:9 (or whatever) screen ratio?

Also I find myself switching a lot between the general app viewing size and font viewing size as I can't seem find the right combination where app layout is ideal and the font is ideal.

These things are my only real gripe so far as I am liking the phone.

I should note that I've recently owned a Galaxy S8active, Note 8, and LGV30. Each has their pros and cons. The LGG7 is a complete and flagship level phone IMO
    06-19-2018 02:01 PM
    Try this setup....
    06-19-2018 05:58 PM
    I think you may have changed a setting because mine handles this automatically and never prompts me. If an app is too small to fill the whole screen, it uses black bars.
    06-19-2018 07:37 PM
    Thanks Iceman, tried it and while it does make things better I couldn't get used to the font. I've settled (for now) on display size and font in the middle setting with the roboto font. The only thing g that bugs me about this is that the battery percentage dissappears on the second display (guess font affects it too and makes the numbers too large?).

Well, at least I don't have any light bleed from the bottom of the screen. Overall a solid device.
    Issemann likes this.
    06-19-2018 07:43 PM
    I think you may have changed a setting because mine handles this automatically and never prompts me. If an app is too small to fill the whole screen, it uses black bars.
    Nope, came out of the box this way. It's only certain apps that aren't full screen and have the black bars (which looks terrible). It's my other gripe on font and display size settings that are disappointing. Case and point, look at the size of the font on the LG email app in the inbox versus the font of text messages. The inbox font is tiny and the text message font is larger. Seems like lack of attention to detail on LGs part. Hope they're watching
    idon12no likes this.
    06-19-2018 07:51 PM
    Nope, came out of the box this way. It's only certain apps that aren't full screen and have the black bars (which looks terrible). It's my other gripe on font and display size settings that are disappointing. Case and point, look at the size of the font on the LG email app in the inbox versus the font of text messages. The inbox font is tiny and the text message font is larger. Seems like lack of attention to detail on LGs part. Hope they're watching
    So... you're blaming LG for the fact that some apps don't support such a wide screen?
    What exactly do you want the phone to do with those apps?
    06-19-2018 07:55 PM
    When you open the apps that don't support full screen for the first time, on the bottom left corner of the screen you have an icon which tells to force this app into full screen from that point on.
    I have seen a few apps but I just force it full screen when I opened the app first time and it's been fine.
    06-19-2018 08:08 PM
    So... you're blaming LG for the fact that some apps don't support such a wide screen?
    What exactly do you want the phone to do with those apps?
    I'm suggesting that LG could stand to optimize their own applications so they are consistent in simple things such as scaling of font. Hence the LG email app comparison to its text messaging app.

If you go to the LG website for the G7 thinq, the top thing it states (albeit rhetorical) is "What's it gonna take?". I don't have brand loyalty, best product wins IMO. However I am rooting for LG as an underdog in a very difficult market to gain ground.

I think LG has beauitful hardware, specs, and feature set going back to the G6 and V30 and now the G7. It's in its software where it loses some appeal, but again this is solely my preference and observation.
    06-19-2018 10:04 PM
    I have this gripe too, and this was not an issue with the G6. I wish the G7 had scaling on demand like the G6 did. I'm not sure what is causing this scaling problem, but using the largest icon size will cause formatting issues. For example, using the largest icons will not allow all the icons to show in the LG Quickhelp chat app and make replying in portrait pretty much impossible.
    06-20-2018 12:06 PM