So far, my G7 has been great

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm growing to like it a lot. My phone is heavily relied on to manage my business. I am constantly checking various accounts, shopping supplies online, managing my eBay, communicating with customers on forums, etc. Not to mention using it for entertainment. The phone keeps up with me and I'm seldom frustrated with it.

I hate that the top bar is difficult for me to swipe down. That the auto brightness is useless. That there's no calculator in the pull down menu. But, it's all stuff I can live with. The fact that the audio is superb makes this by far the best phone for me right now.

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Same for me. I honestly wan't going to purchase one but my son upgraded and we got the second free so why not. I'm very glad I did. I am enjoying the phone. I don't have any battery issues. I find it quite good. Of course I tend to keep mine charged at home and in the car though. I love the crisp, clear screen. I find the camera much improved and the sound is great.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I hate that the top bar is difficult for me to swipe down.

I modified my home touch buttons and configure them to have the notification button at the bottom. All I have to do is tap that button in the notification screen goes down or backup all depending. Search for Home touch buttons in your settings.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I modified my home touch buttons and configure them to have the notification button at the bottom. All I have to do is tap that button in the notification screen goes down or backup all depending. Search for Home touch buttons in your settings.

Thanks, that's one thing I don't understand is the utility of the home touch buttons. I'll have to look into it more.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
How many people have that light bleed/screen bleed on the bottom issue? B&H has the unlocked version available now (I'm on AT&T and can't get one through them) and I'm seriously considering this phone. It ticked all the boxes for me when I first saw it, but I absolutely DESPISE light bleed/screen bleed.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
How many people have that light bleed/screen bleed on the bottom issue? B&H has the unlocked version available now (I'm on AT&T and can't get one through them) and I'm seriously considering this phone. It ticked all the boxes for me when I first saw it, but I absolutely DESPISE light bleed/screen bleed.

Same curiosity here. I've seen 3 demo's and they ALL had significant light bleed at the bottom. I'm considering this phone but that would be a deal breaker for me.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
So far, very few have that issue and its mostly just the first batch. every unit I saw at T Mobile was fine including mine

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Mine is perfect. It's a fantastic phone. It's actually helped calm down my phone addiction.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I've owned several LG devices. It's typical that the first batch has issues as LG's quality control has been suspect. After that, you're good. The second batch going forward should be excellent.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine is perfect. It's a fantastic phone. It's actually helped calm down my phone addiction.

I’m contemplating leaving iOS and this phone caught my eye. Has everything I’m looking for but I saw some reviews with that light bleed and man that turned me off. Hate that I have to buy one outright, but I’m willing to do it.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome to hear! It looks like a real home run! I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to look at it further.

Do it. It's a really good phone. I haven't had any issues with it outside of a little lag every now and then. The camera has some lag, but I don't take many pictures, so not a big deal to me.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So far, very few have that issue and its mostly just the first batch. every unit I saw at T Mobile was fine including mine
I have two day-one G7's and they both have bleed, but LG says I have to mail them in, and I haven't talked to T-Mobile yet.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Do it. It's a really good phone. I haven't had any issues with it outside of a little lag every now and then. The camera has some lag, but I don't take many pictures, so not a big deal to me.

How is the camera and audio? Do you game on your phone? It looks super awesome!

William Russell3

Jul 12, 2018
Visit site
I got rid of an s8plus for one of these due to the camera functions which is mostly what i like at 60 years old to be able to take pics send them across world so far pictures astounding..galaxy products on the pro settings wont let you go to more than ten secs shutter open (i like to take picturea of stars at night) lg has always let u have 30 seconds....galaxy s9 plus i have on another line still only ten second shutter open pics....

Also thee galaxy s9 supper slo mo is better but also co fuaing as hell compared to s8...however...this phone the lg g7 does super slo mo very simply and easily waaaay better camera again as most people use these as camera phones...

It did get hot other day using waze but other than that no issues...it feels much lighter than the galaxies i have a note 8 and now galaxy s9plus and now also 2 lg g7 s ..have alot of phones on line...kids etc

Who knows why galaxy feels heavier and hence the lg g7 comparatively if u were blind u would pick the galaxy as it feels heavier so hey must have more stuff in it...marketing psychology...many teicks to many trades..if the lg g7 slim q weighed more by pitting little weights in it....i bet ya people woukd say it was better phone if u did double blind study..

So why galaxies weigh more? Let me kniw..most components same...?

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
How is the camera and audio? Do you game on your phone? It looks super awesome!

Camera is decent. It's no Pixel 2, but the very few pics I've taken are pretty good to my eyes. The audio is amazing. The boombox feature is so cool. It's loud and crisp. I haven't tried the dac through the headphone jack, but I use Bluetooth in the car with the dts x 3d sound setting turned on and it makes a nice difference. I don't game on my phone. Mainly just browse Reddit, Samsung internet, send messages, YouTube, and Spotify.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz