G7 and fast wireless charging

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
So from what I understand the G7 does not support fast wireless charging. No biggie. My question is if I already have a cast wireless chargerike the 2018 Samsung one will the G7 negotiate the rate at which it charges and not see any ill effects?

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I've found charging to be inconsistent. For example, I have 4 older Samsung wireless charging pad. Granted, none of them are fast charging, but all should charge my G7. Except that 2 if them work and the other 2 don't. Not sure why that is.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I have the newest Samsung convertible fast charging pad. I can confirm it reduces the rate at which it charges to a slower spees. Will not charge fast. Takes almost two hours from about ten to fifteen percent to fully charged.

sjfrazier0410

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I got a $10 wireless charger at Walmart yesterday. Even came with a quick charge 3 head and cord. It's a quick wireless charger too. No issues charging my G7. Didn't heat up, and worked like a charm. So shouldn't be a problem in terms of operation using a wireless quick charger.

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I just got an Incipio charger for my iPhone but it also works with other phones course. it is not fast at well with regard to charging the G7. Very slow

sjfrazier0410

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine looks a little different but that's gotta be it. I know I said mine was wireless quick charge, and that was wrong, but it did come with the quick charge 3 head and wire. Mines worked great btw. I've noticed some worrying reviews there. We'll see.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D21ZZ4...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6289569

That's the case I'm using. Works fine with the charger. Works best for grip with some protection, but not on the same level as a OtterBox or Spigen. But I have dropped it twice with no ill effects.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is that, like the G6, the G7 does not support fast wireless charging. I don't care because I'm usually in no hurry when I use my wireless chargers, but I have a wireless charger that's supposed to be fast, and my G7 charges slowly. You guys got lucky if your phone charges quickly.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance