I have never had a carrier phone before, always factory unlocked.

Will the t mobile version of this phone lesson the experience at all, aside from maybe delayed updates?

With the 2 for 1 sale on now at t mobile the price is obviously great so i am tempted.

Thanks
    07-21-2018 12:18 PM
    no. the experience should be almost identical, if not completely identical. just a few extra apps installed and some of them are removable. I just did the 2 for 1 deal and I have not had any concerns or issues with it.
    07-21-2018 05:16 PM
    My wife and I just got the BOGO from T-mobile last weekend. I am coming from the OnePlus 5T (Lava Red edition which will be going up on Swappa shortly). There are aspects of the unlocked which I prefer but being able to remove/delete/hide bloatware is huge.

I've not begun to scratch the surface of what the G7 has to offer but it's been a great experience so far. I'm happy that my wife needed (wanted really, not a need) a new phone. She's is absolutely more happy with the G7 than I've ever seen her with a new piece of tech. My wife is a technophobe. As a plus, we looked at the phones over July 4th weekend when T-Mo did not have the BOGO deal. I saw the deal back on and picked them up behind her back. Bonus points for me. (A happy wife is a happy life).

If you do pull the trigger and are not happy just take it back within 14 days...keep us posted
    07-21-2018 05:23 PM
    I went from unlocked phones to buying my G7 as a Tmobile version (unlocked). Other than the Tmo boot screen, I never even notice that it's a carrier phone. In fact, I completely forget until I restart.
    07-22-2018 06:10 AM
    same. it's really unnoticeable. I also have used unlocked phones prior to this and came over from an unlocked GS9+
    07-22-2018 09:18 AM
    thank you all, decision made, will grab them this week!
    deacon33 and pkcable like this.
    07-23-2018 10:19 AM
    My wife and I just got the BOGO from T-mobile last weekend. I am coming from the OnePlus 5T (Lava Red edition which will be going up on Swappa shortly). There are aspects of the unlocked which I prefer but being able to remove/delete/hide bloatware is huge.

I've not begun to scratch the surface of what the G7 has to offer but it's been a great experience so far. I'm happy that my wife needed (wanted really, not a need) a new phone. She's is absolutely more happy with the G7 than I've ever seen her with a new piece of tech. My wife is a technophobe. As a plus, we looked at the phones over July 4th weekend when T-Mo did not have the BOGO deal. I saw the deal back on and picked them up behind her back. Bonus points for me. (A happy wife is a happy life).

If you do pull the trigger and are not happy just take it back within 14 days...keep us posted
    My wife is living hers too, the screen and camera particularly.

As far as the original question goes, I know Verizon neuters some, if not all, of their phones. A buddy of mine has a Verizon G6, and it is missing theming and LG world stuff that my T-Mobile version has. T-Mobile used to remove some functionality, but I haven't noticed them doing that anymore.
    deacon33 likes this.
    07-27-2018 09:50 PM