LG g7 new update

Koi102465

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
I just got the LG g7 update...
They made the icons bigger, bumped up there A.I. , and screwed my phone up, it has crashed three times, totally unresponsive, was doing just dandy before, now, not so much. Any one else having issues. So, what is happening is that I'll go to open an app and the phone goes into an epileptic fit, blinking and stuttering and then freezes up. This has happened with three different apps. I'm at a loss, help.... I should add that this was a LG g7 exclusive update, not an update to the OS. The three apps were, real racing 3, Android authority, and best buy.

Last edited:

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like data may have been corrupted during the update.
When you say, "LG G7 exclusive", was the update through the carrier via the phone's update system? If not, where did you get this update?

Koi102465

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
sorry, ok the phone is on Verizon, the update from what I could tell was from LG, it added VR stickers to the camera, along with making the icons bigger. I got an alert that said there was an update downloaded and the phone needed to restart, so I said ok.

Koi102465

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
I was wrong it was a security update from Verizon with added content. G710VMP is the model of phone. Sorry I haven't been clear, been out of the tech loop for awhile. I did uninstall the apps.

Last edited:

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I was wrong it was a security update from Verizon with added content. G710VMP is the model of phone. Sorry I haven't been clear, been out of the tech loop for awhile. I did uninstall the apps.

I've not seen others post anything about these issues so it may have been that some is the data got corrupted when updating.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
the only issue I'm having since the update is now I cannot send mms messages. I need to call Verizon and see if they have a fix.