Location setting keeps getting turned off.

mattl2

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am using an LG G7 on Verizon. Android 8.0.0. Latest security patch "July 1 2018." Every week or two I find that the phone's location setting has been automatically switched off. I usually figure it out when I go to use an app that requires location tracking and it doesn't know where I am. Some of my photos have location metadata and other don't - ones that were taken when it was switched off.

So I go to the phone's settings > Go to location > and flip the switch. Not hard to fix. But I don't know why it keeps happening. Any ideas? I would be happy to provide more info it is requested, but at this time I have no idea what might be relevant. The phone works fine otherwise.

mattl2

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Solved! If anyone is having this issue, I found the problem after months of frustration. The My Verizon app has a feature that once a week scans my phone for concerning issues. It alerts me that I have too much cache, I need to reboot my phone, etc. This program automatically does a number of things it thinks will improve performance and battery, such as turning off location services. This feature can be turned off.