LG G7 Update w/ September Security Patch & 60fps 4K Update

msr360

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
I can confirm on T-Mobile I got it, and according to Reddit I've seen people say the same for Sprint.

Can't find a changelog for it and everyone's quiet here at AC, so I am one of the few still using this phone. lol

mmaestro

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Just received it on T-Mobile today, too. I'm hoping they've fixed some of the awful camera processing that comes on this phone at the same time, but haven't had the chance to check yet.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just received it on T-Mobile today, too. I'm hoping they've fixed some of the awful camera processing that comes on this phone at the same time, but haven't had the chance to check yet.

its doubtful that they would fix the camera processing you are seeing in a monthly security update

msr360

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
The update on T-Mobile is close to 600MB. I can't find a changelog at all. I know on my Pixel 2 the security update for October was under 60MB, so I am curious to know what else got updated besides the camera.

boo5ted

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Just received the update on sprint, it says camera improvements but haven't noticed anything different.

44356112134_b096b43909_z.jpg

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
looks like i was wrong. i didnt see a change log either, but i noticed they changed the screen brightness ui changed. its possible that other things did too.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and haven't gotten an update since July 27th. At that time I got all the camera improvements and security patch. I've checked manual the past couple days and there is no update available to me at this time.

sjfrazier0410

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
On Sprint. Got the update yesterday, but did have to check manually for it. From what I noticed for me personally, I.E. your mileage may vary. The phone seems a touch more responsive. Nothing earth shattering, but nice none the less. The camera, for me is a completely different camera. HDR comes out smooth without grain with almost no hesitation. And the camera hasn't blown out the sunlight like no tomorrow. I've only tested for about 15 mins in complete auto mode, but if this holds up, this will quench wanting to upgrade already to the V40.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I got it, and I was hoping it was Pie but realized that it wasn't big enough for that. Oh well it seems at least as good as it was before and the pictures still turn out good for me so that is all I care about.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I got it, and I was hoping it was Pie but realized that it wasn't big enough for that. Oh well it seems at least as good as it was before and the pictures still turn out good for me so that is all I care about.

i highly doubt we will see pie until mid next year. this is still lg after all...

msr360

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
Based on the V40 only coming out with Oreo 8.1, Android Pie will be ready for Beta when Android Q is rolling out to the Pixels.