My phone is constantly freezing. It struggles switching between apps and i am not impressed with the camera at all. I will not being an lg peoduct again, which is too bad because i loved the g5 and g6. I am complete disappointed with this phone and us cellular is telling me i am stuck.....
    10-25-2018 03:58 PM
    this is the best phone I've ever had and I've had many. I'm coming from Samsung's flagships most recently and this phone blows it away in battery, speed of the phone and every other way except the camera. I can't see myself going back to Samsung anytime soon.
    10-25-2018 08:11 PM
    No. I like it a lot. (But that's how I felt about the Samsung S9+. Everyone seemed to love it except for me, so I understand your sentiments.)
    10-27-2018 09:14 AM
    I thoroughly enjoy using my G7. I'm not experiencing any of the problems you are going through. I hope you find something more suitable.
    10-29-2018 09:24 PM
    Welcome to Android Central!

I'm sorry that you are not enjoying your G7 ThinQ. It's always such a disappointment when you're so psyched for a phone or product and then it doesn't deliver!

My husband has had his since September and is really loving it. Don't think it's crashed or freezed on him - maybe it froze or stuttered once. He always has games, apps, and background applications running though, and switching between apps is smooth. And his phone takes really good pictures - I have a Pixel 2 and I enjoy his camera as well as mine.

If you can, I'd recommend exchanging it. It's possible that you got a faulty device. Keep us posted.
    gendo667 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-29-2018 09:50 PM
    I'm loving mine. My wife has a Note 8 and I hate having to do anything on it. Only thing I am (impatiently) waiting for is the Pie update.
    10-30-2018 08:29 AM
    Errr...no!
    10-31-2018 06:25 PM
    Only had mine a couple of days, but so far everything has worked as advertised.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-31-2018 06:43 PM
    I think the G7 is great and currently a huge bargain. People rave about what a bargain the oneplus is but right now the G7 is priced the same and brings a lot of flagship features to the table.

I purchased the Mate 20 pro last week and am back on the G7 now as I honestly prefer a lot about it.
    11-02-2018 08:23 AM
    Exchange it, get a new one. I don't have these issues. The camera is not great, but it's not horrendous either, it's just kind of meh in comparison to the competition. But the other issues you list, those shouldn't be a problem.
    11-02-2018 11:33 AM
    No freezing for me.
    I think yours is defective.
    Did you buy it used?
    I bet you did.
    11-02-2018 07:07 PM
    Love my lg g7 thinq bargain at $600 tmobile. Speaker sound is awesome using the phone as a boom box Camera good with a f 1.6 lens very fast and battery life about average 6 hrs of steady use of video etc.
    11-10-2018 12:59 PM
    I am also loving the G7. No issues.
    Got a great deal and paid under $400 for a mint one only a few months old.
    11-11-2018 07:49 AM
    I think the G7 is great and currently a huge bargain. People rave about what a bargain the oneplus is but right now the G7 is priced the same and brings a lot of flagship features to the table.

I purchased the Mate 20 pro last week and am back on the G7 now as I honestly prefer a lot about it.
    What do you prefer about it?
    jordans0nly likes this.
    11-11-2018 01:45 PM
    I sepulcher say one thing I love about LG phones is the software. A lot of people seem to ***** about lg's skin, but I think it is very fluid, and easy to use.
    SteelSteve likes this.
    12-02-2018 09:08 PM
    Had my G7 for going on four weeks, and I'm absolutely loving it up to this point
    12-03-2018 10:05 PM
    I've had it since it came out and overall I like it. Overall though I liked the V10 more with all its glitches. Shame it died
    12-09-2018 06:57 AM
    What do you prefer about it?
    My Mate 20 went back for hulk screen issues but I do have the Note 9 too, I am though starting to think that the G7 is my phone of the year 2018.

Yes it has it’s faults and yes LG’s software is not the best, also on paper the Note 9 and Mate 20 pro are more impressive in many areas but the overall package of the G7 just feels great.

In terms of things that I like

- The size hits a sweet spot for me. Good screen size but comfortable for one-handed use.
    - It feels nice in the hand. This is a subjective one of course but having recently tried a Oneplus 6 imo the G7 feels far nicer (and more premium) in the hand.
    - I like the screen, it's good, it's bright and I like that it's flat not curved. LCD also has it's advantages over OLED, it is for one easier on the eyes in terms of eye strain and no concern over burn in. I also like that LG have managed to include an AOD on an LCD.
    - It also ticks a lot of boxes, wireless charging, expandable storage, IP rating, always on display, headphone jack, decent audio

Mostly though in the UK it costs a little over £400 which is less than a OnePlus 6 or 6t. An absolute bargain at the moment.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-10-2018 02:22 AM
    I am about 2 weeks in to use of my G7, and I agree with most everything said above. My only gripes have been with the software, it's not bad just kinda ugly, and the display. the display is good, just would rather have OLED.

Other than that the phone has been great. The size is perfect, love the speaker when placed on a surface. Those are for sure the standouts for me.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-22-2018 03:08 PM
    I am about 2 weeks in to use of my G7, and I agree with most everything said above. My only gripes have been with the software, it's not bad just kinda ugly, and the display. the display is good, just would rather have OLED.

Other than that the phone has been great. The size is perfect, love the speaker when placed on a surface. Those are for sure the standouts for me.
    Yes, the G7 ThinQ has excellent sound quality!
    12-30-2018 08:39 AM
    I do wish it had come with ear buds, even better would have been ones that couldn't really take advantage of the DAC in it.
    01-09-2019 05:12 PM
    My phone is constantly freezing. It struggles switching between apps and i am not impressed with the camera at all. I will not being an lg peoduct again, which is too bad because i loved the g5 and g6. I am complete disappointed with this phone and us cellular is telling me i am stuck.....
    Might be a faulty unit, get it fixed as its under warranty. No flagship phone in the last few years should have freezing or issue switching tabs so it has to be a faulty unit.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2019 02:23 PM
    Im very satisfied with my g7+. Great performance, battery life is what i love most. Coming from an s5, this phone is light years better. That said, i dont appreciate that lg still hasnt made 9.0 available. Their default launcher leaves alot to be desired.
    03-09-2019 03:16 AM
    Im very satisfied with my g7+. Great performance, battery life is what i love most. Coming from an s5, this phone is light years better. That said, i dont appreciate that lg still hasnt made 9.0 available. Their default launcher leaves alot to be desired.
    Wether I've use my many Samsung phones or this LG, I've always used Nova Launcher to customize my experience the way I like it. And I also agree with you. This phone is light-years ahead of any Samsung phone I've owned.
    Aieljose and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-11-2019 10:12 AM
    I have been using G7 as my work phone. I'm finding phone really nice... I have got it on release and got promo bundle with Momentum 2 headphones and wireless charger, for almost 30% less than asking price for Galaxy S9 with no extras.

Phone has been super reliable and trouble free. Granted I do run "LG doctor" once a month, and try to remember restarting it from time to time. Still, it is as fast and smooth as it ever was. Never froze, only twice all my audio got redirected to earpiece (including ringing and alarms), but I think one of apps has caused that glitch.

I still cannot recommend it - well, LG in general - to my friends, at least not here in New Zealand (probably Australia, too).

My phone is still on October 2018 security patch. I have asked LG AU support if I should be worried for not getting any security updates for 6 months now, and got very generic and unfriendly reply:

"Regarding your concern, we have no information yet as to when the OREO update will be released for NZ customers.

Software updates for mobile phone comes directly from Google. They will forward the updates to LG for beta testing and when approved it will be release thru service providers for over the air updates or thru network updates".

My question - if more security updates have been released in this geography and if I should be worried/take phone to service for not receiving any, hasn't been answered. I know that other geographies have received later security updates, obviously Google has been sending them to LG.

Also, Pie update has been promised in Q1 of 2019, and Q1 ends in a week - surely by now there should be a schedule when will Pie be available here. Regardless of Oreo updates.

Overall, that is quite sad for a flagship phone made by - allegedly - solid OEM.

Hopefully you guys in rest of the world have better luck with updates and customer care. As it is here, my next phone is more likely to be Pixel (which I don't like much, hardware wise), one of Android One releases... or iPhone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Yesterday 04:26 PM