Does anyone else think the lg g7 thinq is junk?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone is constantly freezing. It struggles switching between apps and i am not impressed with the camera at all. I will not being an lg peoduct again, which is too bad because i loved the g5 and g6. I am complete disappointed with this phone and us cellular is telling me i am stuck.....

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
this is the best phone I've ever had and I've had many. I'm coming from Samsung's flagships most recently and this phone blows it away in battery, speed of the phone and every other way except the camera. I can't see myself going back to Samsung anytime soon.

Matt Manahan

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
No. I like it a lot. (But that's how I felt about the Samsung S9+. Everyone seemed to love it except for me, so I understand your sentiments.)

super_rigel

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I thoroughly enjoy using my G7. I'm not experiencing any of the problems you are going through. I hope you find something more suitable.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

I'm sorry that you are not enjoying your G7 ThinQ. It's always such a disappointment when you're so psyched for a phone or product and then it doesn't deliver!

My husband has had his since September and is really loving it. Don't think it's crashed or freezed on him - maybe it froze or stuttered once. He always has games, apps, and background applications running though, and switching between apps is smooth. And his phone takes really good pictures - I have a Pixel 2 and I enjoy his camera as well as mine.

If you can, I'd recommend exchanging it. It's possible that you got a faulty device. Keep us posted.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm loving mine. My wife has a Note 8 and I hate having to do anything on it. Only thing I am (impatiently) waiting for is the Pie update.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I think the G7 is great and currently a huge bargain. People rave about what a bargain the oneplus is but right now the G7 is priced the same and brings a lot of flagship features to the table.

I purchased the Mate 20 pro last week and am back on the G7 now as I honestly prefer a lot about it.

mmaestro

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Exchange it, get a new one. I don't have these issues. The camera is not great, but it's not horrendous either, it's just kind of meh in comparison to the competition. But the other issues you list, those shouldn't be a problem.

Greg Desanto

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Love my lg g7 thinq bargain at $600 tmobile. Speaker sound is awesome using the phone as a boom box Camera good with a f 1.6 lens very fast and battery life about average 6 hrs of steady use of video etc.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I think the G7 is great and currently a huge bargain. People rave about what a bargain the oneplus is but right now the G7 is priced the same and brings a lot of flagship features to the table.

I purchased the Mate 20 pro last week and am back on the G7 now as I honestly prefer a lot about it.
What do you prefer about it?

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I sepulcher say one thing I love about LG phones is the software. A lot of people seem to ***** about lg's skin, but I think it is very fluid, and easy to use.

MatrixMan

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had it since it came out and overall I like it. Overall though I liked the V10 more with all its glitches. Shame it died

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
What do you prefer about it?

My Mate 20 went back for hulk screen issues but I do have the Note 9 too, I am though starting to think that the G7 is my phone of the year 2018.

Yes it has it’s faults and yes LG’s software is not the best, also on paper the Note 9 and Mate 20 pro are more impressive in many areas but the overall package of the G7 just feels great.

In terms of things that I like

- The size hits a sweet spot for me. Good screen size but comfortable for one-handed use.
- It feels nice in the hand. This is a subjective one of course but having recently tried a Oneplus 6 imo the G7 feels far nicer (and more premium) in the hand.
- I like the screen, it's good, it's bright and I like that it's flat not curved. LCD also has it's advantages over OLED, it is for one easier on the eyes in terms of eye strain and no concern over burn in. I also like that LG have managed to include an AOD on an LCD.
- It also ticks a lot of boxes, wireless charging, expandable storage, IP rating, always on display, headphone jack, decent audio

Mostly though in the UK it costs a little over £400 which is less than a OnePlus 6 or 6t. An absolute bargain at the moment.

dbulick

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
I am about 2 weeks in to use of my G7, and I agree with most everything said above. My only gripes have been with the software, it's not bad just kinda ugly, and the display. the display is good, just would rather have OLED.

Other than that the phone has been great. The size is perfect, love the speaker when placed on a surface. Those are for sure the standouts for me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am about 2 weeks in to use of my G7, and I agree with most everything said above. My only gripes have been with the software, it's not bad just kinda ugly, and the display. the display is good, just would rather have OLED.

Other than that the phone has been great. The size is perfect, love the speaker when placed on a surface. Those are for sure the standouts for me.

Yes, the G7 ThinQ has excellent sound quality!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar