I've been on the fence with the G7 for awhile now and wanted to wait until the V40 came out. Now I'm even more undecided than before. I've read most of the posts on this forum for the G7, and watched most of the video reviews and I'm left with a few concerns / questions I'm hoping those of you who have used the G7 for awhile might be able to answer.

1.) I've seen several references to overheating on user reviews on the carrier sites, but haven't seen much if anything mentioned here. Does the G7 have a heat issue? Is this a result of the LCD / LED backlight?

2.) A lot of reviews mention that the G7 suffers from lag / slowdown and has to be factory reset often to correct this. Is this a result of the LG UI? I use the Microsoft Launcher on my current Moto Z Force and it seems snappy. I was considering trying the default LG UI but if its bad I guess I could skip that.

3.) I know the V40 has 6GB of RAM, how does the 4GB in the G7 hold up. I'm not a huge phone gamer, and would be using the phone more for apps like my fitness pal, NFL, Facebook etc, as well as for music, and the camera.

4.) Finally in reference to the camera a lot of people both on here and the carrier reviews seem to indicate slow camera response, but I've seen here that recently an update was released which seemed to include camera fixes. Has this issue been addressed?

Thanks for the help.
    10-29-2018 04:29 PM
    1. only time I have come close to this is on long drives and using Waze. Otherwise, haven't noticed it ever getting warm.
    2. try the default UI. I still use it and really not a problem. I have never factory reset. occasionally restart the phone, but have been in a habit of doing that every 2 or 3 days regardless.
    3.guess this would go back to #2 . I don't have much of a problem, but can't really answer this as no idea if would be better with more ram.
    4. If camera is your thing, then v40 is one to get from what I understand. this is biggest "problem" with g7. My biggest complaint is how long it sometimes to take a picture. You press the button and it seems like 2 or even 3 seconds before the pic actually is taken.
    I am not taking many action pics with my phone so again, not a big problem for me.
    10-29-2018 09:06 PM
    Mike,
    Thanks for the reply. I like the V40, but don't think I really have a need for all those camera's. I like the idea of a wide angle camera, and like you don't take a lot of action shots. I also really miss the always on display, something I had in my Windows phone days that I haven't had in awhile. I guess with the possibility of burn in that the LCD screen would be better for this than OLED. I'll keep reading up and see how others like their phones.
    10-29-2018 10:15 PM
    I've had the V30 for almost a year, and use always on display. There is no burn in at all.
    12-03-2018 07:18 AM
    I've had the V30 for almost a year, and use always on display. There is no burn in at all.
    Thanks for the response. I went to T-Mobile early last month intending on getting the V40, unfortunately they were sold out and only had 1 G7 left. After playing with it in the store I was happy with it so I went that route. So far I have no complaints.
    12-03-2018 10:21 AM
    Lucky you. I have my V30 for 8 month with "always on display" and I got burn ins.
    12-04-2018 03:46 PM
    My VZW store and Best Buy store don't even carry the V40 in stock. None to look at on display either. LG is gonna lose a bundle. I might have gine with V40 on a black Friday deal but nada.
    12-04-2018 04:58 PM