I've had the lg g7 for about a month now and I've noticed a small grid pattern on the screen when looked at close. Is this just the type of lcd or could it be a default? Its really annoying! It stands out on light colours.
    11-19-2018 03:06 AM
    Has it always been there or is this something which just started showing up? I've only had my G7 for about 2 weeks now, and I don't see the grid pattern you are describing. Have you by chance lowered your screen res to conserve battery?
    11-19-2018 09:57 AM
    If you have really good eyesight (better than 20/20) and look really close, you'll see a grid of sots. That's how the screens work. But without really fantastic eyesight (human eyesight can be as good as 20/8, maybe even better), you'd need a magnifying glass or microscope to see it.

If you put a screen protector on the screen, though, that's what you might be seeing. Some of them do have a kind of grid of dots.
    11-19-2018 03:27 PM
    Yes its always been visible. I sent it in for repair and it came back exactly the same. Im not sure what it is. It might be visible pixels or just a screen defect. It's in repair again but I have a feeling it will come back the same.
    11-19-2018 05:06 PM
    If you have really good eyesight (better than 20/20) and look really close, you'll see a grid of sots. That's how the screens work. But without really fantastic eyesight (human eyesight can be as good as 20/8, maybe even better), you'd need a magnifying glass or microscope to see it.

If you put a screen protector on the screen, though, that's what you might be seeing. Some of them do have a kind of grid of dots.
    No there is no screen protector on it. I've asked about 9 peope to see if they could spot the grid and they can. Not sure whats wrong with it
    11-19-2018 05:07 PM
    Sorry to hear. I have turned my screen every way I can and I don't see a grid.
    11-19-2018 05:18 PM
    I've had the lg g7 for about a month now and I've noticed a small grid pattern on the screen when looked at close. Is this just the type of lcd or could it be a default? Its really annoying! It stands out on light colours.
    Don't listen to other posters. It's not just you. I have seen over a dozen (completely different) LG G7 units, and the grid pattern is apparent on every single last one on all-white or light backgrounds when you look very close-up. Yes this grid pattern is normal to see on many LCD panels even without any form of screen protector. Fortunately the pattern is not readily visible on any darker backgrounds or at a farther viewing distance.
    01-28-2019 01:37 AM

Yes but some panels will have very visible grid patterns. I can readily verify that there's a grid pattern on every single LG G7 unit I have seen up close. I noticed this myself and see other posters including the OP also recognize the phenomena. I just have normal 20/20 vision to my knowledge. Most likely your brain is filtering out the grid pattern (unless you just have poor eyesight which I doubt). If you can't see it already, you should be able to find it on an all-white background if you look closely.
    01-28-2019 01:50 AM