Why is my phone keeping restarting?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,
I've bought the LG G7 Thingq mobile phone on the T-Mobile shop in the Netherlands.
Last night he had a big issue, he keeps restarting, restarting etc.
Sometimes it will show up that 'Android is starting...', but when it's 80/100% it will turn off, and will restart it again by himself.
Right now, he is still doing this, and it still won't working.
So, I was going to the T-Mobile shop where I've bought this phone, and they said that this was a Android problem, every person with a LG G7 Thinq had this problem.
Right now, I'm looking on the Internet, to see of there was more people had this problem, but I can't find any questions, or answers.
So maybe, you poeple know this more about?

Greetings,
Jordi
The Netherlands

SteelSteve

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I've had mine about a month so far and it has not rebooted on me once. That almost sounds to me like it tried to get an update that may have failed to install correctly. I would look on the internet for how to hard reset your phone and try that (caution this will set your phone back to factory default and all your apps / files etc will be lost).

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually, SteelSteve, if Android got corrupted because of an interrupted update, a factory reset won't fix it. All a FR does is remove anything you've added to the phone since you got it - apps, music, pictures, etc. It doesn't reset the system. Only a flash of the update will do that without losing everything, and since updates delete themselves as soon as they're done, it's very difficult to find someone who has captured one. (And it has to be the right one. Using a, say, December update to fix a bad November update, will result in a totally trashed phone.)

This XDA thread might offer some hope - it appears to be a common problem (that resets don't fix) - and mainly with T-Mobile.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you're on T-Mobile in Europe, which seems to be the only phone having the issue, take your sim card out and hard reset the phone. It'll stop it from looping, but you won't be able to put your sim card back in or it'll loop again. You need to contact LG our wait for an update to fix the issue.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I've bought the LG G7 Thingq mobile phone on the T-Mobile shop in the Netherlands.
Last night he had a big issue, he keeps restarting, restarting etc.
Sometimes it will show up that 'Android is starting...', but when it's 80/100% it will turn off, and will restart it again by himself.
Right now, he is still doing this, and it still won't working.
So, I was going to the T-Mobile shop where I've bought this phone, and they said that this was a Android problem, every person with a LG G7 Thinq had this problem.
Right now, I'm looking on the Internet, to see of there was more people had this problem, but I can't find any questions, or answers.
So maybe, you poeple know this more about?

Greetings,
Jordi
The Netherlands
You are not the only one, seems it is having the dreaded Bootloop issue:
https://www.phonearena.com/news/lg-g7-thinq-bootloop-reports-europe-widespread-issues_id111576

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You are not the only one, seems it is having the dreaded Bootloop issue:
https://www.phonearena.com/news/lg-g7-thinq-bootloop-reports-europe-widespread-issues_id111576

It's only affecting T-Mobile phone's in the EU. It's something to do with the sim because people have had success taking the sim out and resetting the phone. I just saw that if you thethe sim out, reset the phone, then flash an old firmware in LG up, it'll fix the issue. So it's a software, not hardware issue like the older lg bootloop problems.

Last edited:

TransAm461

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had my G7 for going on 4 weeks now and have never had this issue yet, been working flawless... but mine is a U.S. "Unlocked" version

leon01

Dec 10, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue. I got my G7 two months ago from T Mobile in Croatia and it has been working flawlessly until this happened. The phone cant stop resetting. I have tried it with the SIM in it and out it but the phone does not respond to holding down the power button or holdin the volume down and the power button at the same time. And the LG Bridge software does not recognise the phone. I dont know what else to try. :(

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. I got my G7 two months ago from T Mobile in Croatia and it has been working flawlessly until this happened. The phone cant stop resetting. I have tried it with the SIM in it and out it but the phone does not respond to holding down the power button or holdin the volume down and the power button at the same time. And the LG Bridge software does not recognise the phone. I dont know what else to try. :(

LG put out an update that fixes the issue. Check XDA forum for more help