fingerprint sensor issues?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Loving loving loving my phone! I've mostly had Samsung's and a couple Motorola's but this LG by far I performs all of them. Even going on the 6-month mark I feel like performs just like day one out of the box. My only issue seems to be my fingerprint sensor doesn't work all the time. I have two fingerprints on it and I've tried both with the same results. I would say at this point it only works 50% of the time. Has anyone else experienced anyt had this issue and possibly a fix or know why it's happening .I can always return it that wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and possibly a fixed or know why it's

SteelSteve

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Has it always been happening or has it just started happening. So far at just over a month I haven't had any issues with the finger print sensor.
If you haven't already you try cleaning the sensor in case it just oil buildup from your finger. Or try deleting the stored finger prints and re-enter them.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
just started happening in the past couple weeks. I've already cleaned the fingerprint sensor and that did not help at all. I've been hesitating deleting my fingerprints and putting them back in because nothing has changed. I know they could possibly gotten corrupted but that seems very unlikely since they work some of the time they're not others.

Hipnotiq GS

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
My Fingerprint scanner on my LG g7 has been acting up as well the last few months. I started troubleshooting it today and noticed that when i doble tap to put the screen to sleep it would work. but with the power button it wouldnt. So i went and toggled the power button automatically locks the screen and now it seems to be working.

I will need more time to verify but as of right now its working. Got my fingers crossed. Dont want to have to send it back to LG. loving my phone.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My Fingerprint scanner on my LG g7 has been acting up as well the last few months. I started troubleshooting it today and noticed that when i doble tap to put the screen to sleep it would work. but with the power button it wouldnt. So i went and toggled the power button automatically locks the screen and now it seems to be working.

I will need more time to verify but as of right now its working. Got my fingers crossed. Dont want to have to send it back to LG. loving my phone.

my big issues was that I can get into the phone but apps such as my banking app or convenience store app or home monitoring system app would not work with the fingerprints. I swapped my phone out with Verizon and now it's working fine. The new phone I have does not have the light bleed issue so I killed two birds with one stone.