G7 and 9.0

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Given the post on the main AC page, i figured I would ask if anyone was lucky enough to get 9.0 on their G7? I looked through some other pages and noticed that they seemed to have not included TMO and ATT in the software kernel they released. TBH I dont see us getting 9.0 until Q2, but maybe I'll be wrong....

Ian Bower

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Agree, though seeing as the update to 8.0 killed my G6' s battery life I'd sooner it be right than rushed out prematurely!

dbulick

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I don't imagine a 9.0 update that soon. I am very pleased with how my phone performs right now and hope the update doesn't tank it.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
yeah....id have to agree, the phone has performed really well for me in terms of battery life and speed. i hope the next os version doesnt screw it up. i am looking forward to the gesture based navigation. i had that on my bb z10 and it was amazing.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
right...but from what i found, there was no mention of pie for the ATT and TMO variants. TMO is showing that development has begun for the G7 so its really anyone's guess as to when we will get it.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
right...but from what i found, there was no mention of pie for the ATT and TMO variants. TMO is showing that development has begun for the G7 so its really anyone's guess as to when we will get it.
More than likely TMO just got the build from LG and has to do their customizations on it (logos, etc).

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I check every couple of days on my phone and will start checking with lg bridge as that seems to bypass waiting for an ota

mmaestro

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, looks like Korea got it. So now it's a question of waiting a couple weeks probably and then however much time the US carriers add on top of that.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just manually checked and there is an update available. I'm not sure what it is but I will report back once it's finished.