G7 and 9.0

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
After chatting with LG on Twitter it appears Pie might be close to release for those of us on T-Mobile.

can you post screenshots or a link to the thread? its still showing as in development on TMO's site and they just downgraded the v40 from testing to in development.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
smdh....they know where its at in the damn development cycle. this is the bs thats pushing me to get a pixel for my next phone.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
i have gotten used to wireless charging and need water resistance. if the 3a had as least water resistance, i would have looked at it

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
For those of us on T-Mobile, the G7 ThinQ finally has its Pie update in the testing phase. I'm happy because after a cost analyst, keeping my G7 until its paid off is better than doing a warranty replacement due to a cracked back just so I can upgrade. Now if it does for some other reason and I have to get a warrant replacement, I'll probably upgrade then.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
About damn time. We should see the update to 9.0 soon

Didn't they pull the V40 update from testing back to development though? And how do I get into the T-Mobile test group?

Just got bored and checked the T-Mobile Pie update page.
  • Development
    • LG V40 ThinQ
    • Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    • Samsung Galaxy J7 Star
  • Testing
    • LG G7 ThinQ
  • Complete
    • Samsung Galaxy Note9
    • Samsung Galaxy S8+
    • Samsung Galaxy S8
    • Samsung Galaxy Note8
    • Samsung Galaxy A6
    • Samsung Galaxy S9+
    • Samsung Galaxy S9

Notice anything about the list?

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Just got Pie on my T-Mobile G7.
2281afca20f987cd36c4cc7c6ceb40e5.jpg

anon(5804888)

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I finally got the Pi update on my TMobile G7 thinQ night before last. It installed really fast.
It isn't a showy update. I think it runs smoothly and manages memory better than Android 8 did. Every once in a while I will see something on the screen and wonder if it's a change, but mostly it just looks like 8.

SteelSteve

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it looks like they rounded the icons and things a little more, and I'm not sure but I think the battery is lasting a little longer. Otherwise not much visible difference, and no real feature additions. Still it didn't break anything so all is well

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
ive had to modify the adaptive battery for a couple of apps, making them exempt, other than that the phone seems a bit more fluid and not as jumpy.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I use Google Messages instead of the stock messaging app, I have noticed that some messages go to the stock app instead of Google's every once and a while, but I haven't been able to figure out if that was an update to Google's app or Pie.

SteelSteve

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I use Google Messages instead of the stock messaging app, I have noticed that some messages go to the stock app instead of Google's every once and a while, but I haven't been able to figure out if that was an update to Google's app or Pie.
Now that you've said that it appears I'm having the same issue. I also use Google's messenger app but when ever certain family members text me they go to the LG app. When I open it it appears that even the ones I do see with Google Messenger are also in the LG app.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Now that you've said that it appears I'm having the same issue. I also use Google's messenger app but when ever certain family members text me they go to the LG app. When I open it it appears that even the ones I do see with Google Messenger are also in the LG app.

If they appear in the LG app for me, they never appear in Google Messages for me. I'm thinking I need to factory reset my phone to fix it.

SteelSteve

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes if they are in the LG app they don't show up in Messenger, however when I open the LG app I see all the ones I received in messenger as well

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol