G7 and 9.0

SteelSteve

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so I made the LG app my default, deleted the google messenger, rebooted, then reinstalled google messenger and set to default. So far it seems to be fixed, though if I open the LG message app I can see all the conversations I have received, is this normal?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I made the LG app my default, deleted the google messenger, rebooted, then reinstalled google messenger and set to default. So far it seems to be fixed, though if I open the LG message app I can see all the conversations I have received, is this normal?
Depending on launcher, I switch between Google Messages and Textra. Your conversations will appear in either app, regardless of which is set as default.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

It is normal to see the messages in both apps.

newtbomber

Jul 24, 2019
Visit site
other then my G7 says in the the software settings that I have android 9 I can't tell a difference. is there I way to tell it was updated ? I still have the same gesture buttons on the bottom and the apps still close by to the right instead of up like on most pie updated phones. I never even got a message to update the phone or was aware of the update taking place. something seems wrong here. did anyone get the update to 9 and see any difference from 8 ?

SteelSteve

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
There really wasn't much of a change. Things I've noticed are an adaptive battery option in the battery settings, the floating bar has become less rounded more flat, and under settings/display/home screen there is an option to lock the home screen.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
There really wasn't much of a change. Things I've noticed are an adaptive battery option in the battery settings, the floating bar has become less rounded more flat, and under settings/display/home screen there is an option to lock the home screen.

An adaptive battery option is pretty good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair