I just bought an LG G7, my previous phone was an LG G6 and G4 before that. I love the back button to open and close the screen. On the G7 it works to open the phone with the fingerprint scanner but I cannot,figure out how to use it to lock the screen as well.
    07-06-2019 12:35 AM
    I wasn't aware the the back button could be used to open/close the screen - and cannot see how. I have the LG G7 Fit where you can double tap to turn the screen on/off - this only works with native Android screens, not when an app is showing on the screen. Double tap to turn the screen off is a handy feature. Double tap to turn the screen on is of rather limited use since you then have to provide the PIN or use the finger print scanner so you do not save yourself any time.
    07-07-2019 12:54 AM
    I just bought an LG G7, my previous phone was an LG G6 and G4 before that. I love the back button to open and close the screen. On the G7 it works to open the phone with the fingerprint scanner but I cannot,figure out how to use it to lock the screen as well.
    You can only unlock the phone with the button on the back of the phone. Apparently LG removed screen lock function from that button from G7. You can press power button on the side, or double tap the screen.

I had G3, G4, G5, G6, V30, and now have G7 and I am little bit disappointed that LG did that, and also they removed function to shut down the phone with that button like I had on V30.
    07-07-2019 10:31 PM