Purchased this unlocked model from Walmart in USA and use it exclusively in USA with TracFone. Apparently, this is a Canadian Model although splash says "Claro" so the phone is somehow connected to a latin company. Since it's not a USA model, I'm confused about how or when I will get the Pie update. Also, tried to install Lg Bridge to see if I could get update that way, but very first screen is in what, I assume, is Korean and there are only two undeciperable (at least by me) choices on the popup and no "gear" button where I can change language.

Can anybody give me some guidance? Main thing I want to do is get updated to Pie.

Thanks.

PS: As a secondary objective, it would be nice to get rid of the Claro splash screen on power up and power down.
    08-05-2019 01:34 PM
    TracFone doesn't usually update phones. If you do get an update to Pie, it's going to a while.

As for the splash screen, you'd have to root the phone to do that. Then it's just a matter of replacing the boot animation screens. Boot Animations will allow you to do that.
    08-05-2019 03:28 PM
    Does TracFone have anything to do with getting the Pie update? I didn't purchase the phone from TracFone -- I used the Bring Your Own Phone option and simply inserted their SIM card. Also, I've gotten periodic security updates via the Lg Update Center which I don't think relies on TracFone. Am I incorrect and does TracFone actually have some involvement in the Android update process. I'm kind of a Windows Guru, but not exactly an expert on Android.
    08-05-2019 03:52 PM
    claro is a Colombian company. you might be able to get the ota update from them
    08-06-2019 01:25 PM